|By Business Wire||
|December 18, 2012 05:10 AM EST||
Viber, the leading mobile communications platform offering free text and photo messages and HD-quality phone calls, announces today that it has passed the 140 million users milestone with 400,000 users being added every day. The announcement coincides with the release of a special fun version of its popular mobile app.
The new version for both Android and iPhone includes:
- Playful emoticons
- Fun stickers
- A new “Send Location” feature that allows you to share a map of any location you choose
- An enhanced messaging experience with an updated user interface
Additionally, the Android version of the application includes a new setting, allowing users to select their phone’s current ringtone and message tone for Viber calls and messages as well.
“We know that our users rely on Viber for their important conversations with their friends, family and the people they care most about. But they also turn to Viber to have fun and playful conversations, whether it’s via text message or voice,” said Talmon Marco, Viber’s CEO. “With the new features that we are delivering in Viber 2.3, our users can look to Viber as a platform not just for communications, but for playing and interacting with their friends.”
Viber is developed by Viber Media, a pioneering mobile messaging and VoIP company. Viber lets everyone in the world connect. Freely. Viber users can send text and photo messages, share locations anywhere in the world, and make free, HD-quality calls on iPhone®, Android,™ Blackberry®, Windows Phone 7, Symbian, Nokia S40 and Bada devices over a 3G/4G or WiFi connection. With more than 140 million users in 193 countries, Viber is constantly innovating by introducing new features and platforms.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher