|By PR Newswire||
|December 18, 2012 05:01 AM EST||
LINCOLN, England, December 18, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
GCI Com, technology communications specialists, today unveiled a transformation of its corporate identity. The new brand is designed to reflect today's GCI, a customer-centric company built on a continuing history of business acquisition, innovative ideas, products and services; that meet the needs of businesses small to large.
"We have transformed GCI into a business that connects more closely with customers in a highly competitive and evolving market place," said Wayne Martin, GCI's Chief Executive Officer. "Our new brand reflects who we are, the industries we serve and the service that differentiates us. Through a series of acquisitions we have expanded into new markets, created new products, acquired new capabilities, and developed our technologies - all to ensure we make it easier, faster, and less costly for our customers to communicate and store information."
The new GCI identity is now a shorter treatment of the previous GCI Com name - with a new logo in the traditional GCI blues, alongside a sphere-shaped symbol sketched with lines that forms a globe, representing GCI's national and international capability to its customers, partners and the wider industry.
"Our brand is set to be one of our most prized assets and the value it brings to our business, invaluable," added John Whitty, Managing Director GCI. "Our customers, our employees and our suppliers will be connected with the values which underpin what the brand stands for - People, Passion, Innovation, Dependability and Partnerships. We're also strengthening our message to one that is more relevant for business today, 'Enabling your future' - a bit more customer focused, a lot more specific with links to our future vision but a nod to our past."
The company's new web site, http://www.gcicom.net, also goes live today with the new brand identity and GCI will now start changing the logo on marketing materials and other infrastructure in a transition that's expected to take about 12 months.
Notes to editors:
Pictured attached: Wayne Martin, GCI's CEO and John Whitty, GCI's Managing Director showcasing the new GCI identity.
Wayne Martin, Chief Executive Officer: Wayne is an entrepreneurial business professional with 25 years' experience of managing and implementing technical solutions within the Information & Communications Technology industry. After starting GCI Com in 1999, along with the GCI board of directors and management team, Wayne has built the organisation through a combination of strategic acquisitions and organic growth. Wayne has led GCI to achieve a 68% compound annual growth rate over the past two years and has recently gained substantial funding from the Business Growth Fund, establishing GCI as one of the fastest growing ICT providers in the UK today
Over the past 18 months, the company has announced some fundamental achievements which have resulted in where they are today:
- November 2011- acquisition of Digital IP, Unified Communications specialists
- December 2011 - investment into IT Managed Services with acquisition of midlands based Orchid IT
- January 2012 - purchase of Smartbunker; the first and only data centre in the UK to provide low energy, high performance hosting - with zero carbon emissions. 100% of power comes from wind-generated energy
- February 2012 - investment of £10m from the Business Growth Fund in recognition of being one of the fastest growing corporate IT and communications providers in the UK
- August 2012 - new MD, John Whitty and Senior Management Team appointments
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks