|By PR Newswire||
|December 18, 2012 03:01 AM EST||
GENEVA, Switzerland, December 18, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
The Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition (GAIN) is pleased to announce a Declaration of Partnership with the National Conference of Dalit Organisations (NACDOR) to improve nutritional outcomes for Dalit communities across India.
The partnership, entered into on 8 December 2013 in New Delhi, India, recognizes the nutritional well-being of all scheduled castes, tribes and other vulnerable communities as a key objective of progress in human development. It also commits both organisations to programs and policies that are conducive to food security and health for current and future generations.
The partnership will be multi-faceted and include food, nutrition security, agriculture and conservation of resources. The focus of the partnership will be to strengthen existing mechanisms while increasing awareness amongst vulnerable groups of their entitlements.
The partnership demonstrates GAIN's continued commitment to support NACDOR in their efforts to take the lead in increasing awareness on Maternal, Infant and Young Child Nutrition (MIYCN), generating demand for effective delivery of publicly-funded programs and adopting long-term appropriate nutrition and health seeking behavior among Dalit communities.
GAIN's support has enabled NACDOR to reach 200,000 Dalit men, women and children across five states since early 2012. The Declaration of Partnership will assist NACDOR in expanding its reach to its national membership of Dalit organisations to encourage a movement that is enlightened and empowered to demand their right to food and a nutrition secure future. This significant yet vulnerable group comprises 4% of the world's population and 25% of India's population.
For more information on GAIN, please visit: http://www.gainhealth.org
SOURCE Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition (GAIN)
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher