|By PR Newswire||
|December 18, 2012 03:01 AM EST||
ESPOO, Finland, December 18, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
Mendor, the Finnish diabetes technology company, continues rapid growth and is happy to announce yet another international partnership. Mendor has signed a distribution agreement with the Swedish affiliate of a major pharmaceutical company, A.Menarini Diagnostics. A. Menarini Diagnostics Sverige will continue the work Mendor started earlier in 2012 in Sweden, in the Västra Götaland Region, to make the all-in-one glucose meter Mendor Discreet™ widely available to Swedish diabetes patients.
A.Menarini Diagnostics is an international company actively operating in the blood glucose monitoring market. Headquartered in Florence, the company was founded in 1976 as a division of A. Menarini Industrie Farmaceutiche Riunite of Florence, Italy, a multinational healthcare company with annual revenues of over 3 billion Euros. More information on: http://www.menarinidiagnostics.com/
Mendor's CEO Kristian Ranta comments: "This is fantastic news! We have worked hard to establish the business in Sweden and it is great to be able to give the distribution rights to such an excellent company as Menarini Diagnostics. I am positive that this partnership will become an enabler of better diabetes care for a lot of people in Sweden with diabetes."
Founded in 2006 in Helsinki, Finland, Mendor designs, develops and markets innovative diabetes management products. Mendor's first product, a blood glucose meter the Mendor Discreet™, has received high praise from clinicians and diabetologists all over the world. The meter contains all the necessary components for daily blood glucose measurements: the meter, 25 strips and a lancing device in an integrated, all-in-one device the size of a cell phone. Mendor Discreet™ is designed to simplify the lives of people with diabetes who regularly need to test their blood glucose levels.
With the Mendor Discreet™ blood glucose meter, the patient gets a license for the Mendor Balance™, an advanced internet based self-care application. The Mendor Balance™ empowers the diabetic to see the full picture of their treatment, and helps in recognizing and setting possible improvement targets. The information produced by the application gives health care professionals a solid platform for discussion with the patient for improving the treatment.
For more information, visit: http://www.mendor.com
Images available upon request.
Kristian Ranta - CEO, Co-Founder
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks