|By Marketwired .||
|December 17, 2012 08:00 PM EST||
SINGAPORE -- (Marketwire) -- 12/17/12 -- City Index Asia
The Nikkei 225 in Tokyo has closed high and the yen has dipped on forex markets after Shinzo Abe reclaimed the Japanese premiership following the nation's general election yesterday (December 16th).
Mr. Abe, leader of the Liberal Democratic Party, has said he will take decisive action to boost the world's number three economy, which has been grappling with years of unsatisfactory growth.
One of the major factors behind this sluggishness is the strong yen, which has made goods seem less attractive to overseas markets.
Mr. Abe has said he wants to take steps to weaken the yen and target deflation, setting an ambitious goal of as much as three per cent rate of inflation and suggesting the Bank of Japan prints "unlimited" currency to counter falling prices.
This morning, the Nikkei 225 closed higher by nearly one per cent, rising by 91.3 points to an index value of 9828.8 points.
About City Index:
City Index is a leading global provider of margined foreign exchange, CFD trading. As a group, we transact in excess of 1.5 million trades every month for individuals in over 50 countries worldwide.
Forex is the world's largest financial market with an average volume of USD 4 trillion per day. At City Index, we offer tight fixed spreads on 28 of the most popular forex pairs including EUR/USD, USD/JPY and GBP/USD. Our range of web, downloadable and advanced charts based trading platforms enable you to trade quickly and efficiently.
Your losses are magnified in exactly the same way as your gains if the market moves against you and can result in losses exceeding your initial outlay. Please ensure you fully understand the risks involved.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher