|By PR Newswire||
|December 17, 2012 07:29 PM EST||
NEWTOWN, Conn., Dec. 17, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Brian Mauriello, a longtime resident of Newtown, CT and a Newtown High School graduate, has established the Newtown Memorial Fund - www.newtownmemorialfund.org - which is dedicated to ensuring the community has a repository that will honor the memory of the 26 victims who perished at Sandy Hook Elementary on Dec. 14, 2012.
Mauriello, the father of a 6-year-old boy who does not attend Sandy Hook Elementary but a neighboring elementary school in Newtown, felt called to action after his child was spared the horrific events that recently took place.
"I've chosen to do something that I think this community will need — not just today or next year, but for generations to come. We need an enduring memorial fund," says Mauriello. "No amount of money will bring back our loved ones but our hope is that through the centralization of others' gifts and fundraising work, coupled with our own, we will achieve much more. An integrated approach will provide immediate support, while helping to ensure the victim's memories are preserved as we make strides for our community to be improved in the future."
The mission of the Newtown Memorial Fund is threefold:
- Short-term: To provide financial relief for funeral expenses of those who perished in the Sandy Hook Elementary School Massacre. The initial goal is to raise $x within one month.
- Mid-term: To assist Newtown with the design, placement and funding to create a lasting memorial for the community in honor of the 26 victims.
- Ongoing: To provide an annual scholarship fund that would benefit students of the Newtown Public Schools who will go on to attend college.
Mauriello suggests that those interested in helping visit the fund's Facebook page at www.facebook.com/NewtownMemorialFund. People can donate or share memories and tributes via the Facebook page or the fund's website. Donations can also be made online at http://everribbon.com/ribbon/view/10088.
Donations are also accepted by mail at the following address:
Newtown Memorial Fund
P.O. Box 596
Botsford, CT 06404
Founder, Newtown Memorial Fund
SOURCE Newtown Memorial Fund
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks
- MAX 2006: Tracks Announced
- BT's "Fixed-Mobile" Phone Gives Callers the Best of Both Worlds
- MetaSolv to Host Provisioning Symposium in London