|By PR Newswire||
|December 17, 2012 06:48 PM EST||
WASHINGTON, Dec. 17, 2012 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The following is a statement by former Senator Pete V. Domenici (R-NM), a Senior Fellow at the Bipartisan Policy Center, on the death of Senator Daniel Inouye of Hawaii:
"Daniel Inouye's passing brings to a close the career of an extraordinary patriot, statesman, and human being. He was a dear friend of mine. In the 36 years we served together in the Senate, we worked on innumerable bills. I was fortunate enough to spend time with him a few weeks ago, where we discussed not only the work we had done together, but the work left for Congress to address.
"Losing men of Senator Inouye's caliber should do two things: remind us of the greatness of giants like him and challenge this Congress to put its nation first, and its joint and singular ambitions far second. Never was it impossible for Senator Inouye and me to reach agreement on even the most divisive and difficult issues.
"I urge everyone to read Senator Inouye's biography and then ask, 'what is so hard about facing the challenges of today, when he and his compatriots triumphed over much worse without complaint?'
"My wife, Nancy, joins me in sending our deepest condolences to the Senator's family and to all those in Hawaii and in Congress who will miss his courage and his wisdom."
SOURCE Bipartisan Policy Center
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks