|By PR Newswire||
|December 17, 2012 05:38 PM EST||
VANCOUVER, British Columbia, Dec. 17, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- St. Elias Mines Ltd. (TSX-V: SLI), (U.S. Clearing Symbol: SELSF), (Frankfurt Exchange: EKL) announced today that ISS Proxy Advisory Services, a leading independent international corporate governance analysis and proxy advisory firm, has recommended that its clients vote the WHITE proxy for the St. Elias nominees for the Board of Directors at the Annual General and Special Meeting of Shareholders (the "Meeting"). The Meeting is scheduled for December 27, 2012.
ISS made its recommendation after considering the best interests of shareholders and after reviewing the issues advanced by St. Elias and by Gilby Len Hastman and Darcy Kim Hastman, who are attempting to seize control of the St. Elias Board. The recommendations of ISS are intended to assist shareholders in making voting choices regarding proxy voting decisions.
In recommending that its clients vote FOR the St. Elias nominees on the WHITE proxy, ISS stated, among other things, that:
- Shareholders are better off by retaining the existing board.
- The dissidents have not made a compelling case that a change in control of the board is necessary or preferable to the incumbent board's oversight or strategic plan going forward.
- The dissidents have not submitted a detailed business plan and have not presented a convincing case for shareholders to support them.
"We appreciate ISS' recommendation and advise shareholders to accept their advice and vote the WHITE proxy," said Lori McClenahan, President and Chief Executive Officer of St. Elias. "Management's nominees look forward to working to advance our exploration properties and to continue to strengthen our governance, communication and operational processes for the benefit of all shareholders."
St. Elias also advised shareholders that on late Friday afternoon, the Hastmans filed a petition to the Supreme Court of British Columbia. The petition names the Company and its directors as respondents whereby the Hastmans are seeking an order that the part of the Company's articles which bar Mr. Rainbird and Mr Defreitas from being elected as directors are inoperative or of no effect for the purpose of the Meeting or, alternatively that the Meeting be rescheduled into 2013. This would have the effect of indirectly achieving the same goal. The Petition is scheduled to be heard on December 18, 2012.
About St. Elias
St. Elias is a gold focused exploration company led by an experienced management team and active in Peru and British Columbia. St. Elias' properties have high potential and are located in two of the most prolific mining regions of the world.
For additional information on St. Elias and its projects, please visit us at www.steliasmines.com or call Danny Aaron at 1-888-895-5522 (toll free US and Canada).
ST. ELIAS MINES LTD.
(signed "Lori McClenahan")
Lori McClenahan, President
Neither the TSX Venture Exchange nor its Regulation Services Provider (as that term is defined in policies of the TSX Venture Exchange) accepts responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this release.
This News Release may contain forward-looking statements including, but not limited to, comments regarding the timing and content of upcoming work programs, geological interpretations, potential mineral recovery processes, etc. Forward-looking statements address future events and conditions and therefore involve inherent risks and uncertainties. Actual results may differ materially from those currently anticipated in such statement.
Telephone: (604) 669-4677
Facsimile: (604) 669-9626
Toll Free: (888) 895-5522
SOURCE St. Elias Mines Ltd.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher