|By PR Newswire||
|December 17, 2012 02:51 PM EST||
TAMPA, Fla., Dec. 17, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- William E. "Bill" Carlson Jr., president of Tucker/Hall, is the 2012 recipient of The University of Tampa (UT) Alumni Achievement Award. This award recognizes University of Tampa alumni who have made great accomplishments in their chosen careers and in civic involvement.
"I feel honored to have been selected for this award," said Carlson. "We have so many great and successful graduates that have studied at UT throughout the years, so I am humbled to have been recognized by my fellow alumni."
Carlson graduated from UT in 1988 with a bachelor's degree in marketing. He also holds a Master's degree in Public Administration from Harvard Kennedy School. In addition, he conducted MBA studies at the National University of Singapore as a Rotary International Scholar.
After graduating from UT, Carlson lived in Singapore from 1989 to 1994. While there, he was a senior marketing consultant with a Singapore-based marketing consulting firm. He advised many organizations across 15 countries, including Citibank Asia, the Development Bank of Singapore, Singapore Airlines, regional conglomerates, financial institutions, technology companies and more.
Carlson serves on the advisory board for The University of Tampa's Sykes College of Business. He is the Innovation Leadership Chair at the Greater Tampa Chamber of Commerce. Carlson is also a board member for the Pinellas Education Foundation and the Florida Chamber Foundation. From 2007 to 2009, Carlson was the Global President of Public Relations Organisation International (PROI), the world's largest network of independent public relations firms.
"Bill Carlson is an excellent example of the type of leader that The University of Tampa produces. He was chosen from the nominated candidates because of his exceptional career achievements and his high level of involvement with UT and the Tampa Bay community," said Jay Hardwick, director of alumni and parent relations at UT. "We are proud to honor him for all of his accomplishments."
Tucker/Hall is a communications consulting firm that offers public relations services in the areas of strategic communications, public affairs and crisis communications. Founded in 1990, Tucker/Hall has built a statewide, national and international practice from offices in Tampa and Jacksonville. The firm works with Fortune 500 corporations, fast growing companies, nonprofit organizations and government agencies.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks