|By Marketwired .||
|December 17, 2012 11:50 AM EST||
OTTAWA, ONTARIO -- (Marketwire) -- 12/17/12 -- Today, the Honourable Lisa Raitt, Canada's Labour Minister, congratulated Garda Security Screening Inc. and Teamsters Local Union No. 395 on entering into their first collective agreement.
"I am very pleased that Garda Security Screening Inc. and the Teamsters have entered into their first collective agreement," said Minister Raitt. "Strong labour-management relations support economic prosperity and, in this case, the security of Canadians."
On April 30, 2012, the Canada Industrial Relations Board certified Teamsters Local Union No. 395 to represent approximately 60 employees at Regina International Airport. These employees are responsible for the security screening of passengers, non-passengers and baggage. Their first collective agreement is in effect for three years. Garda is the largest provider of pre-screening services for the Canadian Air Transport Security Authority.
The agreement was reached with assistance from the Labour Program's Federal Mediation and Conciliation Service. The Federal Mediation and Conciliation Service provides dispute resolution and prevention assistance to trade unions and employers under the jurisdiction of the Canada Labour Code.
This news release is available in alternative formats upon request.
Office of Minister Raitt
Media Relations Office
Human Resources and Skills Development Canada
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher