|By Marketwired .||
|December 17, 2012 10:17 AM EST||
HOPKINTON, MA -- (Marketwire) -- 12/17/12 -- Hy9 (http://www.hy9.com), the leading provider of point-of-use, high purity hydrogen generation products for fuel cells, and Nedstack PEM fuel cells today announced their agreement to collaborate to develop the market for reformer-based fuel cell power systems. The collaboration joins Nedstack's leadership position in long-life water cooled PEM fuel cell stacks with Hy9's capabilities in point of use hydrogen generation and purification products.
Gary Clarke, Hy9's president and CEO, commented, "Our collaboration with Nedstack will help expand the market for both Nedstack and Hy9 by offering a robust, scalable alternative to compressed hydrogen. Using a commodity liquid fuel such as methanol in combination with a Hy9 reformer that produces 99.9999% pure hydrogen on-site makes fuel cell power systems suitable for sites where compressed hydrogen is impractical:
- Remote locations
- Densely populated cities
- Long backup runtimes
- Frequent Power Outages
"We are particularly excited to work with Nedstack on delivering reformer-based systems to meet the continuous power demands of our customers operating in remote areas. We believe Nedstack's unique long-life stacks combined with Hy9's HGS product offers mobile telecom operators a robust solution for their continuous power demands."
Nedstack has a decade of experience in producing PEM fuel cell stacks. Nedstack combines proprietary bipolar plate technology and design with the best available long-life MEAs. The design and composition of their proprietary cell plates results in high fuel efficiency and low parasitic losses.
Combining Hy9 and Nedstack's products ensures reliable uninterrupted power at low operating costs to critical infrastructure systems even in the most remote locations. Replacing diesel gensets by these systems will not only save fuel costs: the systems emit no particles and noise, making them a green alternative.
Hy9 is the leader in the development and marketing of hydrogen purification membranes and point-of-use pure hydrogen generation for clients who require high-performance solutions to their critical power needs. With over 10 years of experience, Hy9 partners and clients benefit from high reliability and high performance. Hy9 -- Making Hydrogen Pure and Simple.
For more information please contact:
Director of Sales
106 South Street
Hopkinton, MA 01748
(508) 435-3789 x401
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks
- MAX 2006: Tracks Announced
- BT's "Fixed-Mobile" Phone Gives Callers the Best of Both Worlds
- MetaSolv to Host Provisioning Symposium in London