|By PR Newswire||
|December 17, 2012 10:15 AM EST||
AUSTIN, Texas, Dec. 17, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- An innovative new technology partnership between the Texas Oil & Gas Association (TXOGA) and Snap Trends Inc. will bring the energy association's members a suite of tools aimed at listening, collecting and analyzing news, opinion and information across a wide range of social media networks.
"The power of SnapTrends rests in its ability to be the energy industry's eyes and ears across Twitter, Facebook and other social media channels. By reporting and providing actionable intelligence on the issues and areas that matter most to our members and their businesses, we view SnapTrends as a key resource for TXOGA members looking to stay informed and ahead of the competition," said Deb Hastings, executive vice president of TXOGA.
As part of the new partnership, TXOGA members will have access to SnapTrends' Software-as-a-Service, monitoring social media platforms in specific locations. SnapTrends has also developed a customized enterprise deployment and service bureau solution exclusively for TXOGA members.
Launched in Austin earlier this year, SnapTrends is the first company in the social media market to offer a location-first listening and analytics solution.
According to SnapTrends CEO Eric Klasson, "Today, energy projects face significant community reactions. SnapTrends is the first social listening solution that allows energy companies to effectively listen and understand the intersection of new projects and local communities. With SnapTrends, energy companies can now listen over areas of any shape or size to better understand and respond to concerns expressed by local communities."
"The SnapTrends partnership further enhances TXOGA's commitment to provide enhanced value to our more than 5,000 members through specialized programs, customized services and strategic partnerships," said Hastings.
Texas Oil & Gas Association (TXOGA) is a statewide trade association with approximately 5,000 members representing every facet of the Texas Oil and Gas Industry including small independents and major producers. Collectively, TXOGA members account for approximately 92 percent of all oil and natural gas produced in Texas; they operate a vast majority of the State's pipeline mileage and gas processing capacity; and they are responsible for nearly 100 percent of the State's refining capacity.
Based in Austin, SnapTrends delivers location based social listening. Differentiated from other social media monitor tools, with SnapTrends you can LISTEN and ANALYZE data from the specific locations you care about. With better listening you can make better decisions.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks
- MAX 2006: Tracks Announced
- BT's "Fixed-Mobile" Phone Gives Callers the Best of Both Worlds
- MetaSolv to Host Provisioning Symposium in London