|By PR Newswire||
|December 17, 2012 10:15 AM EST||
DES PLAINES, Ill., Dec. 17, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Rivers Casino announced today that they awarded over $1,200,000 in funding for educational based programs to 18 organizations in Des Plaines and across the greater Chicagoland area in 2012. "Rivers Casino believes in giving back to the community. We believe that education is the root of prosperity and allows each individual to reach their full potential," said Bill Keena, General Manager of Rivers Casino.
The beneficiaries of these donations include; Anixter Center, Aquinas, The Cara Program, Chicago Sky Cares, Chicago Youth Center, Community Consolidated School District 62 (K – 8), Des Plaines Police Youth Association, Intonation Music Workshop, Inspiration Kitchen, Latino Summit/Harper College, Life Span, Maine West High School, Maryville Academy, Marwen, Mercy Home for Boys & Girls, Oakton Community College, Refugee One and Triton College.
"Rivers Casino's gifts to local education based programs is one of many recent charitable initiatives launched to support the communities we do business in," said Greg Carlin, CEO of Midwest Gaming. Other initiatives include a $1,000,000 scholarship to the University of Illinois as well as the establishment of the Rivers Casino Scholarship Program that awards employees and their families over $250,000 in educational scholarships annually.
About Rivers Casino:
Rivers Casino is the newest gaming destination in the State of Illinois. The state-of-the-art 147,000 sq. ft. facility has 1,050 of the newest slots and 50 exciting table games. Rivers boasts seven dining options offering guests several food and beverage options as well as entertainment. With easy access from the north, south, east and west of Chicagoland, Rivers Casino is mere minutes away. For more information visit www.riverscasino.com. Must be 21. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537).
Contact: Lara Shiffman
SOURCE Rivers Casino
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks