|By Elizabeth White||
|December 20, 2012 01:00 PM EST||
SYS-CON Events announced today that the 1st International Software Defined Networking Conference (SDNExpo.co) will take place June 10-13, 2013, at the Javits Center in New York City. Software Defined Networking Conference is co-located with 12th International Cloud Expo and 3rd International Big Data Expo.
According to a recent report by Deloitte Consulting, firms using Software-Defined Networking (SDN) can save up to 50% on their networking bills. Since those bills currently add up to about 10-15% of IT budgets, that's a huge amount of cost driven out of the business. That makes it very much the right new technology at the right time.
Put simply, SDN is the use of software to create networks that can be reconfigured quickly and centrally without the need for any costly or time-consuming adjustment of individual routers and switches.
"Whether implemented on its own or combined with traditional networking technology, one thing is certain: everyone in enterprise IT is going to be hearing and doing a lot more around Software Defined Networking," said Carmen Gonzalez, CEO of SYS-CON Events, Inc. "Which is why we are delighted to launch what we anticipate will be a great and well-attended new event. As always, we seek to lead from the front, from the bleeding edge of enterprise IT innovation. SDN Expo will be the premier worldwide event specifically focused on SDN."
Help plant your flag in the fast-expanding business opportunity that is Software Defined Networking: submit your speaking proposal today!
Conference topics will include:
- Emerging Standards & Protocols
- Cloud Networking
- The Network Operating System API
- Virtualization & Software Defined Networking
- SDN & Open Source
- IP Encapsulation
- Software-Defined Data Centers
- Network Access Control
- Software Defined Storage
- Application-Defined Networking
- Programmable Networks
The submission process is 100% online and the submissions URL is here.
for Software Defined Networking Conference New York
Sponsorship, exhibit, and keynote opportunities can be obtained from Carmen Gonzalez by email at events (at) sys-con.com, or by phone 201 802-3021.
About SYS-CON Media & Events
SYS-CON Media (www.sys-con.com) has since 1994 been connecting technology companies and customers through a comprehensive content stream at www.sys-con.com - featuring over forty focused subject areas, from Cloud Computing to Web Security - interwoven with market-leading full-scale conferences produced by SYS-CON Events. The company's internationally recognized brands include among others Cloud Expo (www.CloudComputingExpo.com), Big Data Expo (http://BigDataExpo.net), Virtualization Conference & Expo (www.VirtualizationConference.com), Government IT Conference & Expo (www.GovITExpo.com), Cloud Computing Bootcamp (www.CloudComputingBootcamp.com), and UlitzerLive! New Media Conference & Expo (http://events.sys-con.com).
Cloud Expo, Cloud Expo East, Cloud Expo West, Cloud Expo New York, Cloud Expo Silicon Valley, Cloud Expo Europe, Cloud Expo Tokyo, Cloud Expo Prague, Cloud Expo Hong Kong, Cloud Expo Sao Paolo are trademarks and /or registered trademarks (USPTO serial number 85009040) of Cloud Expo, Inc.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks