|By PR Newswire||
|December 17, 2012 08:46 AM EST||
LONDON, December 17, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
Elsevier, a world-leading provider of scientific, technical and medical information products and services, is pleased to congratulate Beth Karlan, MD, Editor-in-Chief of Gynecologic Oncology on being appointed by U.S. President Barack Obama to the National Cancer Advisory Board (NCAB), along with five other leaders in cancer research.
The National Cancer Advisory Board, formed in 1971, has several responsibilities including advising and assisting the proceedings of the National Cancer Institute (NCI), one of 27 Institutes that make up the National Institutes of Health (NIH). According to the NACB's charter, the board's duties are to "review applications for grants for research and training and recommend approval for applications for projects which show promise of making valuable contributions to human knowledge." Allocating resources and pursuing the best avenues for research is a crucial task, as the NCI spends about $4.9 billion each year on cancer research.
Elsevier applauds Dr. Karlan's important work and her dedication to serving the research community.
Elsevier is a world-leading provider of scientific, technical and medical information products and services. The company works in partnership with the global science and health communities to publish more than 2,000 journals, including The Lancet and Cell, and close to 20,000 book titles, including major reference works from Mosby and Saunders. Elsevier's online solutions include ScienceDirect, Scopus, Reaxys, ClinicalKey and Mosby's Nursing Suite, which enhance the productivity of science and health professionals, and the SciVal suite and MEDai's Pinpoint Review, which help research and health care institutions deliver better outcomes more cost-effectively.
A global business headquartered in Amsterdam, Elsevier employs 7,000 people worldwide. The company is part of Reed Elsevier Group PLC, a world-leading publisher and information provider, which is jointly owned by Reed Elsevier PLC and Reed Elsevier NV. The ticker symbols are REN (Euronext Amsterdam), REL (London Stock Exchange), RUK and ENL (New York Stock Exchange).
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks