|By Business Wire||
|December 17, 2012 07:02 AM EST||
Poptent (www.poptent.com), the global leader in crowdsourced video production, today announced that it has hired Charles “Sandy” Dondici as the company’s first Chief Technology Officer. His appointment is effective immediately.
Poptent also announced that it has paid out $7 million in cash to Poptent members for completed brand and agency video assignments. Poptent crossed the $1 million payout threshold in late 2010 and the $5 million mark in mid-2012, providing an additional measure of its continued growth. Poptent’s community of talented independent filmmakers has expanded to more than 55,000 members in 140 countries.
Dondici comes to Poptent from PointRoll, where he served concurrently as Chief Operating Officer and Chief Technology Officer for the company that powers more than 55% of all rich media campaigns online, serving more than 450 billion impressions for two-thirds of the Fortune 500 brands. Prior to PointRoll, now a wholly owned subsidiary of Gannett & Co., Dondici held leadership roles with a variety of technology and software organizations, including Traiana, Inc. and Siebel Systems, where he served as director of the firm’s Global Competency Practices unit.
“Sandy Dondici brings Poptent a strong breadth of technology and operational leadership that will be of great benefit to our growing roster of global brands and agencies, as well as our online community of more than 55,000 independent filmmakers worldwide,” said Neil Perry, Poptent president. “We look forward to working with Sandy, as his proven background in serving Fortune 500 clients will strengthen Poptent’s ability to provide a world-class video production platform for our filmmakers, clients and partners.”
“I have been watching Poptent for some time and am thrilled to be joining the team to strengthen its platform and to develop complementary software and products to serve the fast-growing demand for high-quality online and offline video,” said Dondici. “At the same time, I look forward to working with Poptent’s community team to provide technologies and services that further enable its powerful network of independent filmmakers to produce great work for brands, agencies, and other organizations worldwide.”
Poptent (www.poptent.com) is the global leader in crowdsourced video production, connecting top brands with more than 55,000 talented independent filmmakers to deliver outstanding video for every channel. Poptent provides the strategic advice, tools and services to go from creative brief to final cut and from placement to proven ROI. Poptent provides its community of filmmakers the opportunity to work on assignments for the world’s biggest brands. Serving both brands and agencies, Poptent’s principal offices are in Southern California and suburban Philadelphia, with regional sales offices in New York, Chicago, and other key US markets. The company also opened an office in Sao Paulo, Brazil, in mid-2011.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks
- MAX 2006: Tracks Announced
- BT's "Fixed-Mobile" Phone Gives Callers the Best of Both Worlds
- MetaSolv to Host Provisioning Symposium in London