|By PR Newswire||
|December 17, 2012 02:00 AM EST||
FREIBURG, Germany, Dec. 17, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Northrop Grumman Corporation (NYSE: NOC) is supplying the LCR-100 attitude and heading reference system (AHRS) for Sikorsky's new S-76D helicopter, which recently received Type Certification from the U.S. Federal Aviation Administration.
A photo accompanying this release is available at http://media.globenewswire.com/noc/.
The LCR-100 is a standard component of the Thales TopDeck® avionics suite on the new medium-sized, twin-engine helicopter. Northrop Grumman provided both the LCR-92 and LCR-100 fibre-optic AHRS on earlier versions of the S-76 helicopter platform.
Developed by Northrop Grumman's navigation and positioning systems subsidiary in Germany, Northrop Grumman LITEF, the LCR-100 provides critical flight information regarding the aircraft's position, heading and attitude. The LCR-100 offers precise outputs to the flight control system and has demonstrated high reliability and accuracy in the helicopter environment.
"The LCR-100 has proven its dependability and efficiency in serving rugged helicopter platforms, including previous versions of the S-76," said Eckehardt Keip, managing director for Northrop Grumman LITEF. "We continue to offer lighter products with greater accuracy and performance."
Northrop Grumman LITEF is a leading supplier of inertial sensors, inertial reference, and inertial navigation systems and computers with products deployed in more than 30 countries in aircraft, marine vessels and ground mobile applications. The company has more than 15,000 fibre-optic gyro systems serving in aircraft worldwide.
Northrop Grumman is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products and solutions in unmanned systems, cybersecurity, C4ISR, and logistics and modernization to government and commercial customers worldwide. Please visit www.northropgrumman.com for more information.
SOURCE Northrop Grumman Corporation
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher