|By Marketwired .||
|December 16, 2012 08:08 PM EST||
DUBAI, UNITED ARAB EMIRATES -- (Marketwire) -- 12/16/12 -- Guinness World Records has officially recognised the 5 Star JW Marriott Marquis Hotel Dubai as the world's tallest hotel.
At a height of 355 metres from ground level to the top of its mast, the JW Marriott Marquis Hotel Dubai is only 26 metres short of the Empire State Building in New York. Spread across two iconic 77-floor twin towers, each with 804 rooms and an enticing array of 14 restaurants, bars and lounges, the hotel is set to be one of the region's most desirable destinations. It is also Dubai's first world-class convention and business destination hotel, filling a long identified gap in the market where groups, meetings and conventions of up to 1,000 people can meet, sleep and dine under one roof, in one location.
Rupprecht Queitsch, General Manager of this 5 star hotel in Dubai, was joined by Ashok Korgaonkar, the JW Marriott Marquis Hotel Dubai's leading Architect, and Managing Director of Archgroup Consultants to receive the official Guinness World Record certificate. "We are excited and delighted to be officially recognised as the world's tallest hotel. Dubai is a city of superlatives and the JW Marriott Marquis is an outstanding addition its iconic skyline. This Guinness World Record will help us to put Dubai on the global business destination map," commented Rupprecht.
Dubai's new hotel, the JW Marriott Marquis Hotel Dubai, opened its first tower to guests last month, with 6 of its final nine restaurants now operating. The hotel will have all nine restaurants, five bars and lounges, as well as the sublime Saray Spa and Health Club, open by February 2013, with the Grand Opening scheduled to take place in February, 2013. Its second tower is expected to open by late 2014.
When fully open, the JW Marriott Marquis Hotel Dubai will cater to a myriad of tastes, while simultaneously providing cutting edge business facilities and more than 8,000 square metres of indoor and outdoor event space which includes 2 ballrooms, which are exceptional for wedding receptions in Dubai. In addition, the hotel will board a number of innovative features incorporating the latest technology, with the aim of providing a unique environment for guests that reflects its positioning as an iconic and pioneering business hotel. Located in the heart of Business Bay, minutes from Dubai World Trade Centre, the Dubai International Convention & Exhibition Centre and close to Dubai International Airport, the JW Marriott Marquis resides in a prime location and is iconic in the Business Bay skyline.
For more information about the JW Marriott Marquis Hotel Dubai or to make a reservation, please contact the hotel directly on +9714 414 0000, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or online at www.jwmarriottmarquisdubai.com. Media can also visit www.jwmarriottmarquisdubaimedia.com.
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2183354
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks
- MAX 2006: Tracks Announced
- BT's "Fixed-Mobile" Phone Gives Callers the Best of Both Worlds
- MetaSolv to Host Provisioning Symposium in London