|By Marketwired .||
|December 16, 2012 06:16 AM EST||
OTTAWA, ONTARIO -- (Marketwire) -- 12/16/12 -- The Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA) and Cardinal Meat Specialists Ltd. are warning the public not to consume the Cardinal Select brand Prime Rib Beef Burgers described below because this product may be contaminated with E. coli O157:H7 bacteria.
The affected product, Cardinal brand Prime Rib Beef Burgers, is sold in 1.13 kg packages bearing UPC 0 63351 01561 1. The affected product bears the code BEST BEFORE 2013 JL 31 EST 752.
This product has been distributed nationally.
This recall is the result of an ongoing food safety investigation being conducted at Cardinal Meat Specialists Ltd. This investigation was initiated as a result of recent product testing associated with an outbreak investigation. There may be recalls of additional products as the investigation at this facility continues.
Food contaminated with E. coli O157:H7 may not look or smell spoiled. Consumption of food contaminated with these bacteria may cause serious and potentially life-threatening illnesses. Symptoms include severe abdominal pain and bloody diarrhoea. Some people may have seizures or strokes and some may need blood transfusions and kidney dialysis. Others may live with permanent kidney damage. In severe cases of illness, people may die.
The CFIA is monitoring the effectiveness of the recall.
For more information, consumers and industry can call one of the following numbers:
Cardinal Meat Specialists Ltd. at 905-459-4436 ext 265 or email@example.com
CFIA at 1-800-442-2342 / TTY 1-800-465-7735 (8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern time, Monday to Friday).
For information on E. coli O157:H7, visit the Food Facts web page at:
For information on all food recalls, visit the CFIA's Food Recall Report at: http://active.inspection.gc.ca/eng/corp/recarapp_dbe.asp.
To find out more about receiving recalls by e-mail, and other food safety facts, visit: www.foodsafety.gc.ca. Food and consumer product recalls are also available at http://www.healthycanadians.gc.ca.
Cardinal Meat Specialists Ltd. at 905-459-4436 ext 265 or
CFIA Media Relations
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks
- MAX 2006: Tracks Announced
- BT's "Fixed-Mobile" Phone Gives Callers the Best of Both Worlds
- MetaSolv to Host Provisioning Symposium in London