|By PR Newswire||
|December 16, 2012 04:31 AM EST||
LONDON, December 16, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
New Year's Eve in the UK is often an anti-climax after Christmas. It's cold, often wet and starts getting dark before 4pm. But if you want more sunlight and fun from New Year's this December then check out any one of hundreds of late deal holidays currently available.
Here are Thomas Cooks' top three:
Sharm el Sheikh
Although not at its hottest, Sharm el Sheikh is still surprisingly warm at this time of year. You will also avoid the crowds that you get in the summer ensuring that you always get a spot by the pool.
The resort has thrived over the past few years with increased visitors meaning that it now features several luxurious hotels. The food on offer is also excellent with a great range of luxury seafood. At the prices available at this time of the year, it seems a shame to say no.
Turkey is the perfect distance away for a short break this winter; far enough to enjoy some good weather but not far enough to ruin your trip with jetlag.
A turkey holiday has become increasingly popular over the last 10 to 15 years with cheap flights, excellent hotels and guaranteed sunshine prompting more visitors to travel to the area. With a break to Antalya in Turkey this New Year you can still expect all the sunshine but with smaller crowds.
New Year's Eve is the perfect opportunity for a good party in any location but Kefalonia is a great choice for anyone looking for a really memorable night out. When it comes to partying, the Greeks put us Brits to shame and none of their many popular tourist locations throws a party quite like Kefalonia.
The island is just a stone's throw away from the mainland making transfers easy and affordable - leaving you with more time for you to relax in the winter sun. Where Kefalonia really comes into its own is on a night out. Whether it's a good restaurant, lively club or a few glasses of wine at a seafront bar, this island has it all.
One of the most beautiful islands in the Caribbean, Cuba's residents know how to celebrate New Year. The best place to enjoy the action is in Havana, where you can head down to the seafront to watch some beautiful fireworks. If you're feeling lucky you can try to hustle for a ticket to the exclusive celebrations in Cathedral Square, where 300 lucky guests are invited to enjoy a seated dinner as they watch local music and dance.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks