|By PR Newswire||
|December 16, 2012 12:01 AM EST||
WASHINGTON, Dec. 16, 2012 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Following is the daily "Profile America" feature from the U.S. Census Bureau:
SUNDAY, DECEMBER 16: KENNEL SHOW
Profile America — Sunday, December 16th. About four-out-of-10 U.S. households include a dog. Across the country, there are more than 72 million dogs, about 1.7 per household. Most of these dogs are mixed breed, many rescued from the pound. All dogs are loved by their owners. Some are so proud of their purebred dogs that they train them to compete in prestigious kennel shows. One such show is winding up today in Orlando, Florida — the Eukanuba National Championship, with top dogs from around the world competing for the largest cash prizes in the sport. Around the U.S., there are nearly 70,000 kennels, making $3.6 billion a year. You can find more facts about America's people, places and economy from the American Community Survey at www.census.gov.
Sources: Chase's Calendar of Events 2012, p. 589
Statistical Abstract of the United States 2012, t. 1241
2007 Economic Census, NACIS 812910
Profile America is produced by the Center for New Media and Promotions of the U.S. Census Bureau. These daily features are available as produced segments, ready to air, on a monthly CD or on the Internet at http://www.census.gov (look for "Multimedia Gallery" by the "Newsroom" button).
SOURCE U.S. Census Bureau
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?