|By PR Newswire||
|December 15, 2012 12:01 AM EST||
WASHINGTON, Dec. 15, 2012 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Following is the daily "Profile America" feature from the U.S. Census Bureau:
SATURDAY, DECEMBER 15: FAMOUS FURNITURE DESIGNERS
Profile America — Saturday, December 15th. One of America's most influential furniture designers, a woman named Ray Eames, was born 100 years ago today. With her husband, Charles Eames, the couple made furniture out of inexpensive but durable materials, such as plywood, allowing everyday Americans to buy fashionable furniture. One of their best known examples is a modernistic chair with a matching ottoman, still made today, known simply as the "Eames Chair." The couple is also credited with influencing architecture, textiles, and photography. There are nearly 47,000 furniture stores across the U.S., and they sell close to $60 billion worth of furniture each year. You can find more facts about America from the U.S. Census Bureau, online at www.census.gov.
Sources: Chase's Calendar of Events 2012, p. 590
2007 Economic Census, NAICS 44211
Profile America is produced by the Center for New Media and Promotions of the U.S. Census Bureau. These daily features are available as produced segments, ready to air, on a monthly CD or on the Internet at http://www.census.gov (look for "Multimedia Gallery" by the "Newsroom" button).
SOURCE U.S. Census Bureau
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher