|By PR Newswire||
|December 14, 2012 08:44 PM EST||
SANTA MONICA, Calif., Dec. 14, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Joffe Emergency Services, the leading provider of emergency preparedness and response training for independent schools throughout the nation, is available to provide expanded comment on the ways in which parents concerned about the safety of their child/children at school can respond to the tragedy in Newtown, Connecticut.
Joffe recommends that parents talk with the leadership of their child/children's school about lockdown procedures. Best practice mandates monthly egress drills, internal classroom locks, an annual full-scale moulage drill, and a lockdown kit in every classroom.
Additionally, parents are encouraged to discuss these common topics in with their child/children's school:
- The role of staff and faculty in an active shooter response.
- Their school's preventative infrastructure (locks, lockdown kits, etc.).
- On-scene best practice in the event of an active shooter.
- Post crisis triage protocol.
- Dismissal procedures and reunification protocol.
- Serving on a safety oversight committee.
About Joffe Emergency Services
Joffe Emergency Services is the leading provider of emergency preparedness and response training for independent schools throughout the nation with over 200 years of combined experience in the field. Joffe Emergency Services is helmed by Chris Joffe (FEMA - Response to School Crisis, IFTLS, NREMT-P, National Center For Crisis Management – Member).
For More Information
Chris Joffe, Owner, Joffe Emergency Services telephone: 213.265.4227 (Cell) 310.525.6333 Ext. 3 (Work)
SOURCE Joffe Emergency Services
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks