|By PR Newswire||
|December 14, 2012 06:09 PM EST||
ALEXANDRIA, Va., Dec. 14, 2012 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The National School Boards Association (NSBA) expresses its deep sympathies to those affected by the shootings at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Conn., today.
"Tears are being shed in Connecticut and across the United States for the families of those killed or injured in the Newtown school shooting," said C. Ed Massey, President of the National School Boards Association and member of Kentucky's Boone County Board of Education. "It is a tragedy. Our hearts and our prayers go out to the students, schools staff, parents, and all of those affected."
NSBA Executive Director Thomas J. Gentzel added: "Although details of this horrible tragedy are still emerging, we know that schools generally are the safest place children can be. NSBA will assist our colleagues in the Newtown Public Schools, their Board of Education, and our state association, the Connecticut Association of Boards of Education, in any way that we can."
Founded in 1940, the National School Boards Association (NSBA) is a not-for-profit organization representing state associations of school boards and their more than 90,000 local school board members throughout the U.S. Working with and through our state associations, NSBA advocates for equity and excellence in public education through school board leadership. www.nsba.org
SOURCE National School Board Association
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher