|By Business Wire||
|December 14, 2012 12:52 PM EST||
Vantrix, the leading pioneer of optimized mobile content delivery solutions, today announced that mobile network operators using Vantrix Bandwidth Optimizer 3.0, such as Carolina West Wireless, are already seeing positive impacts on network congestion, Quality of Experience (QoE), CAPEX/OPEX savings and revenue growth. Bandwidth Optimizer solves these challenges at three levels:
- Intelligence – deep mobile network content traffic insight
- Optimization – broad optimization capabilities, including on-the-fly MP4 transcoding, image compression, advanced caching and Internet radio and software/firmware download optimization
- Control – policy and enforcement controls through multi-dimensional (who, what, where, when) context-awareness
“Vantrix’s Bandwidth Optimizer has transformed the way we manage content on our network,” said Slayton Stewart, CEO of Carolina West Wireless. “This solution enables us to achieve the main objectives we had at the outset of our evaluation: obtain a deeper understanding of our subscriber usage patterns and needs in order to create enhanced revenue opportunities, and deliver network efficiencies through optimization. We are delighted by our growing relationship with Vantrix.”
“Vantrix is pleased to continue to drive value across the Carolina West Wireless business. The rapidly increasing mobile usage demands on operator networks have created a data tsunami that is not exclusive to larger operators,” said Jim Knapik, CEO of Vantrix. “Vantrix is working closely with Carolina West Wireless to ensure optimum content delivery based on their evolving policies for managing exponential traffic growth for all services, including technologies such as Internet radio.”
About Carolina West Wireless
Carolina West Wireless was formed in 1991 and is owned by a partnership consisting of Skyline Telephone, Surry Telephone and Wilkes Telephone. Headquartered in Wilkesboro, North Carolina, CWW provides its customers with innovative technology including data and mobile services, the latest wireless equipment and competitive wireless plans that provide nationwide coverage.
Vantrix’s all-content policy-based optimization and delivery solutions for mobile network operators help ensure that video, webpages, Internet radio and applications are cost-effectively delivered with the best possible user experience, regardless of the service, device, network, location or time, and with integrated content traffic insight, Vantrix Bandwidth Optimizer enables informed decision-making on strategies to address congestion, quality of experience, cost savings and revenue growth. Unlike first-generation traffic optimization platforms that were built solely to adapt webpage content for mobile devices, Vantrix’s scalable and future-proof solutions were developed from the ground up to also address the unique challenges of video. Vantrix solutions are deployed in over 75 networks, serving over 1 billion subscribers worldwide. Vantrix is proud to count among its customers: Bell Canada, Sprint (NYSE:S), Orange, Telefonica (NYSE:TEF), T-Mobile, TeliaSonera (OMX:TLSN), MTS, Etisalat (ADX:ETISALAT), Saudi Telecom Company (TADAWUL:STC) and Tata Telecom. Vantrix is headquartered in Montreal with offices in the United States and London. To learn more about Vantrix, visit www.vantrix.com.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher