|By Marketwired .||
|December 14, 2012 12:00 PM EST||
MENLO PARK, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 12/14/12 -- Vello Systems, a pioneer in open networks, announced today that Steven Velardi has joined Vello as Vice President for Worldwide Sales. Steven Velardi brings 18 years of industry experience in storage, networking, and virtualization technologies, as well as experience building out worldwide sales teams.
Mr. Velardi joins Vello Systems after building and leading high-performing sales teams at small, innovative companies including Infineta Systems, Powerfile (acquired by Hitachi Data Systems), and Actona Technologies (acquired by Cisco Systems). At Infineta, he was instrumental in developing the company's go-to-market strategy for its entire product portfolio, in addition to building a highly impactful sales team that was pivotal to the company's rapid growth. Mr Velardi also held various sales and management positions at EMC, Veritas, and Cisco. Mr. Velardi received his B.S. at University of Rhode Island, College of Business Administration.
"Vello's SDN solutions have been embraced by key customers and Steve will help us build on that success by developing a worldwide sales organization addressing the enterprise market through a variety of channels," stated Karl May, CEO of Vello Systems.
Mr. Velardi commented, "Vello has a unique, strategic vision of how SDN technology can be used to meet the needs of enterprises. The company is in a great position to leverage that vision into a worldwide customer base."
Vello Systems is pioneering OpenFlow-based solutions that simplify storage and compute management for enterprises and service providers.
Vello Systems is a privately held Silicon Valley company pioneering the development of open networks unifying compute, storage, and applications over virtual and physical networks communicating through OpenFlow technology. The Vello family of products includes the VellOS® network operating system and the Vello Scale-Out Data Center Gateway. Vello has an established track record delivering scalable networking solutions worldwide. For further information, visit www.vellosystems.com.
For further information:
Palomar Communications for Vello Systems
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks