|By PR Newswire||
|December 14, 2012 05:28 AM EST||
MARLOW, England, December 14, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
Last month APC Overnight, the UK's largest next-day delivery network, reached a new on-line milestone, with businesses across the world using their NetDespatch web shipping platform to send more than a million consignments for delivery through their depot network.
NetDespatch's web-based booking, tracking and label printing system allows APC customers and depots to manage their collections, print despatch labels and use innovative integration tools to streamline the end-to-end delivery process. Throughout the delivery process the tracking is available on-line.
The million consignment milestone is the icing on the cake for APC, having experienced a highly successful 2012, with the monthly figure demonstrating a 20-percent rise on consignments booked on-line through NetDespatch over the same period last year.
Last month the APC Overnight network, which has grown to more than 115 depots, announced a 30-percent surge in pre-tax profit and with the NetDespatch platform ensuring there are no technological barriers, APC expect this growth will continue through 2013.
"Reaching the landmark of one million consignments booked on-line in a month shows how NetDespatch has been a real asset in both winning new customers and in helping deliver our industry-leading service performance. NetDespatch has allowed us to expand our volumes without any IT restrictions, and by making on-line booking so easy it is helping businesses of all sizes become more competitive and grow," says Syed Ziaullah, CEO of APC Overnight.
Becky Clark, NetDespatch CEO, commented, "Working with APC Overnight for the last 10 years has been very exciting as they were an early adopter of our integrated e-commerce solutions, and every one of the depots has embraced the idea of improved efficiency through seamless electronic integration. The benefits are clearly evidenced by efficient depot operations, high quality of customer service, high delivery success rates and year-on-year growth."
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks