|By PR Newswire||
|December 14, 2012 05:18 AM EST||
DALLAS, Dec. 14, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Dickey's Barbecue is kickin' up its heels celebrating record sales this holiday season. The rapidly expanding national barbecue chain broke system wide sales records with over $2 million in sales November 19-23. This represents a 45% increase in year-over-year sales.
"We had an overwhelmingly positive response to our expanded holiday family meals," said Roland Dickey, Jr. President and CEO of Dickey's Barbecue Restaurants, Inc. "The day before Thanksgiving we saw a 63% increase in sales of individual proteins and full holiday meals – we're already gearing up for round two of record breaking sales during the Christmas holiday."
Dickey's Barbecue is officially the nation's largest barbecue franchise and holiday catering experts. Dickey's offers Smoked Turkey, Cajun Fried Turkey, Spiral Ham and the new Barbecue Honey Ham in select markets. Dickey's sold out of holiday proteins in many locations. Sales included:
- 1,701 Smoked Turkeys sold
- 1,494 Cajun Fried Turkeys sold
- 125,000 pounds of signature baked potato casserole
"Dickey's is not only the segment leader in fast-casual barbecue, but now we also offer great tasting and unique catering alternatives for busy families," said Dickey. "We are so proud of the quality holiday meals we offer and are excited so many families are inviting us to be part of their holiday meals across the country."
The Complete Holiday Meal includes cornbread dressing, gravy, baked potato casserole, green beans with bacon and 12 buttery rolls in addition to the custom prepared turkey or ham.
About Dickey's Barbecue Restaurants
Dickey's Barbecue was founded by Travis Dickey with the goal of authentic slow smoked barbecue. More than 70 years later, the Dallas-based family run barbecue franchise still offers a quality selection of signature meats, home style sides, tangy barbecue sauce and free kids meals every Sunday. All meats are slow smoked on site in each restaurant. The fast-casual family-friendly concept has expanded to almost 270 locations in 43 states and holds the title of the world's largest barbecue franchise. This year Nation's Restaurant News named Dickey's "Top Five Growth Chains" and they were also named "Best Franchise Deal" by QSR Magazine. For more information, visit www.dickeys.com or for franchise opportunities call (866) 340-6188.
SOURCE Dickey's Barbecue
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks