|By PR Newswire||
|December 14, 2012 05:00 AM EST||
CHESTERFIELD, Mo., Dec. 14, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Following the hit of America's recession and a staggering unemployment rate, a growing number of men are looking for jobs in non-traditional fields. Occupational analysis shows a record number of men taking on job opportunities that are traditionally held by women.
Coined "pink collar," these jobs are typically service-oriented positions occupied by at least 70 percent women. Over the past decade, the number of men entering these fields has doubled. One example from the analysis of these growing professions for men is the dental hygienist field, which has grown in male participation by nearly 200 percent.
The retailer WorkBoots.com recently released the "Men in Pink Collar" infographic, which outlines how this trend has taken the pink collar industry by storm. As supporters of all types of occupations, the work boots superstore wanted to bring awareness to this interesting trend.
"When we came across this information, we thought it was worth spending time highlighting," said WorkBoots.com CEO Chad Weinman. "We hope it encourages both men and women to consider viable career paths in unexpected fields."
This infographic can be viewed in its entirety on WorkBoots.com for a visual representation of the data. Readers are encouraged to share their views on this unexpected trend.
Founded in 2004, WorkBoots.com is a customer service-focused Internet retailer based in Chesterfield, Mo. Serving hard-working professionals, the online superstore provides a wide selection of high-quality work boots and delivers them right to your doorstep. Top brands include Timberland PRO, Cat Footwear, Georgia Boot and Wolverine.
CONTACT: Katie Frasier, 1-636-680-8026, firstname.lastname@example.org
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks
- MAX 2006: Tracks Announced
- BT's "Fixed-Mobile" Phone Gives Callers the Best of Both Worlds
- MetaSolv to Host Provisioning Symposium in London