|By PR Newswire||
|December 14, 2012 12:01 AM EST||
WASHINGTON, Dec. 14, 2012 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Following is the daily "Profile America" feature from the U.S. Census Bureau:
FRIDAY, DECEMBER 14: NATIONAL SALESPERSON'S DAY
Profile America — Friday, December 14th. With Christmas just 11 days away, the nation's retail stores certainly will be jammed this weekend, as shoppers get into high gear to check off the names on their gift list. It's a time for goodwill and patience on the part of all concerned. In our rush, we may overlook the good work of the salespeople who staff the country's 1.1 million retail businesses, ranging from furniture to auto parts to sporting goods, and without whom shopping would be impossible. Whether part time or career, there are more than 15.5 million employees staffing these businesses, most of them providing service with a smile and willingly sharing their expertise. You can find more facts about America from the U.S. Census Bureau, online at www.census.gov.
Sources: Chase's Calendar of Events 2012, p. 589
Statistical Abstract of the United States 2012, t. 1047
Profile America is produced by the Center for New Media and Promotions of the U.S. Census Bureau. These daily features are available as produced segments, ready to air, on a monthly CD or on the Internet at http://www.census.gov (look for "Multimedia Gallery" by the "Newsroom" button).
SOURCE U.S. Census Bureau
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks