|By PR Newswire||
|December 14, 2012 12:01 AM EST||
SCOTTSDALE, Ariz., Dec. 14, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Motorcycle Mechanics Institute (MMI), the leading provider of motorcycle technical education training, is proud to announce Chapparal Honda L&Mc Racing as its 2013 MMI Supercross Intern Program partner. L&Mc Racing, owned by Supercross champion, Jeremy McGrath and well-known team manager, Larry Brooks, joins as the fourth team to work with MMI's Intern Program.
"We've hired MMI grads in the past, and while we know what they are capable of, we also know how hard it is to break into this industry," said Brooks. "This program is about opening up as many doors as we can for MMI graduates, and giving back to the industry that gave so much to us."
Beginning in 2013, the intern program will give MMI graduates the opportunity to spend a race weekend with a professional Supercross team to see firsthand the inner workings of a race team. The interns will partner with the teams' technicians and get a chance to work on race bikes.
"The volunteer intern program was created with the idea of providing an in-road for MMI graduates to the race industry," said Jocelyn Omen, enthusiast segment manager for MMI. "The chance to bring the program to such a well-respected team that already employs three MMI graduates was something we jumped on. Five MMI graduates were employed last year through the program and our partner, BTO.com/BBMX, and we hope to continue that success with Chaparral Honda."
MMI has had a long-standing relationship with Jeremy McGrath through the MMI/Jeremy McGrath Scholarship that began in 2004. The scholarship provides $20,000 in scholarship money to three lucky recipients, to be used at the MMI training facilities located in Orlando, Fla. and Phoenix, Ariz.
Those interested in applying for the 2013 MMI/Jeremy McGrath scholarship may enter by uploading a video of why they deserve the scholarship to http://www.youtube.com/McGrathscholarship. Entrants are encouraged to be creative in their video submissions through song, dance, comedy, etc. Deadline for entries is April 19, 2013.
For more information on MMI's Intern Program head to www.uti.edu/Events/Internships, and follow the latest news on MMI through Facebook at www.facebook.com/MMImotorcycle and Twitter at www.twitter.com/MMItweet.
About Motorcycle Mechanics Institute (MMI):
Motorcycle Mechanics Institute (MMI), is a division of Universal Technical Institute, Inc. (NYSE: UTI), a leading provider of technical education training for students seeking careers as professional automotive, collision repair, diesel, marine and motorcycle technicians. With campuses located in Phoenix, Ariz. and Orlando, Fla., MMI is supported and equipped by all six major motorcycle manufacturers – American Honda, American Suzuki, BMW, Harley-Davidson Motor Co., Kawasaki Motors Corp., USA and Yamaha Motor Corp. USA. Visit www.uti.edu for more information.
SOURCE Universal Technical Institute
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks
- MAX 2006: Tracks Announced
- BT's "Fixed-Mobile" Phone Gives Callers the Best of Both Worlds
- MetaSolv to Host Provisioning Symposium in London