|By Marketwired .||
|December 13, 2012 08:24 PM EST||
GAINESVILLE, FL -- (Marketwire) -- 12/13/12 -- Philanthropist Carly Donnellan has announced her intent to donate gifts and clothing to several children's charity programs. Considering that the Holidays are fast approaching, her generous contributions could not come as a better time, as they will provide joy and warmth to our nation's impoverished.
It is not the first time that this exceptional young woman has given back to her community. In fact, during her tenure at the University of Florida, Carly devoted much of her precious spare time to an assortment of worthy causes. She was a mentor for Project MASCOT, a one-year student volunteer program that provides much needed assistance to "at-risk" elementary students. While enlisted, Carly motivated several fourth graders to succeed in their studies. Additionally, as a Miss Greek Contestant Carly was able to elevate cancer awareness, and raised $3,500 for the American Cancer Society in the process.
Known by her Kappa Alpha Theta sorority sisters for her charisma, fearlessness and passion for life, Carly was the recipient of the Panhellenic Woman of the Month Award at the University of Florida. She also served as the Stage Director of the Gator Growl; a 40,000 attendee event which ended up grossing more than one-million dollars in revenue. A passionate photographer, Carly is in the process of building an impressive online portfolio.
Given her prior acts of devotion and kindness, Carly's intent to donate goods to the needy comes as little surprise. A close friend of hers went on record stating, "It's not like she has to do any of this, but Carly is always thinking about how to help people who are suffering."
In addition to her contributions, Carly has stated that she will help local organizations organize food drop-offs, and also intends on speaking publicly in an effort to raise awareness as to how crippling the problem of poverty can be to those suffering through it.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher