|By Business Wire||
|December 13, 2012 06:24 PM EST||
MobileMedia Ideas LLC announced that a jury in the United States District Court in Delaware today reached a unanimous verdict finding that three patents owned by MobileMedia Ideas – US 6,427,078 covering camera phones, US 6,070,068 covering call handling and US 6,253,075 covering call rejection – are valid and infringed by Apple's iPhones.
"MobileMedia Ideas is pleased that the jury confirmed Apple's iPhones use our patented technology," said MobileMedia Ideas President and CEO Larry Horn. "MobileMedia Ideas' objective is to make these important technologies and others used in mobile phone and other portable devices widely available. We welcome Apple and others to enter into licenses for the use of these technologies."
MobileMedia Ideas, a company owned by Tagivan (a subsidiary of MPEG LA), Nokia and Sony, has a portfolio of inventions widely used in smart phones, mobile phones and other portable devices including personal computers, laptops, netbooks, personal media players, e-book readers, cameras and hand-held game consoles. Its more than 300 patents cover a wide array of features such as call handling, speed dial, database searches, audio download and playback, and still picture and video processing. MobileMedia Ideas' objective is to make access to these important inventions available to everyone on reasonable terms. It presently has cases pending against RIM in the US District court for the Northern District of Texas and against HTC in the US District Court for the Eastern District of Texas. For further information, please refer to www.mobilemediaideas.com.
Counsel for the plaintiffs was Proskauer Rose led by Steven M. Bauer from Proskauer's Boston office and Jack Blumenfeld of Morris, Nichols, Arsht and Tunnell in Wilmington, Delaware.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher