|By PR Newswire||
|December 13, 2012 06:15 PM EST||
PROVIDENCE, R.I., Dec. 13, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- United Natural Foods, Inc. (Nasdaq: UNFI) said today that it is pleased that members of Teamsters Local 117 have voted to end its strike and return to work. The company also confirmed that the Union has agreed to meet with them back at the bargaining table with a federal mediator next week. UNFI looks forward to continuing negotiations, and is hopeful for a resolution that is fair and equitable for all parties.
Because of the Union's decision to strike and in order to continue to service customers, UNFI was put in a position of having to hire permanent replacement workers after Union members walked out. The company will welcome back as many members of the Union as it can accommodate to reach full staffing levels.
The Union never brought UNFI's latest proposal to its members for a vote. The company's most recent offer included a 10.8 percent wage increase over three years, as well as the acceptance of several union proposals. UNFI has made numerous concessions during the months of negotiation and believes that the latest offer it presented to the union is fair, reasonable and competitive.
UNFI has historically had a good working relationship with Teamsters Local 117 for the last 22 years, and its approach at all times in the negotiations has been to work collaboratively to ensure it reaches an agreement that is in the best interest of its associates, its customers and its business.
About United Natural Foods
United Natural Foods, Inc. (http://www.unfi.com) carries and distributes more than 65,000 products to more than 27,000 customer locations throughout the United States and Canada. The Company serves a wide variety of retail formats including conventional supermarket chains, natural product superstores, independent retail operators and the food service channel. United Natural Foods, Inc. was ranked by Fortune in 2006 – 2010 and 2012 as one of its "Most Admired Companies," winner of the Supermarket News 2008 Sustainability Excellence Award, recognized by the Nutrition Business Journal for its 2009 Environment and Sustainability Award and chosen by Food Logistics Magazine as one of its 2012 Top 20 Green Providers.
For more information on United Natural Foods, Inc., visit the Company's website at www.unfi.com.
SOURCE United Natural Foods, Inc.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks