|By PR Newswire||
|December 13, 2012 02:52 PM EST||
OTTAWA, Dec. 13, 2012 /CNW/ - The Canadian Hunger Foundation (CHF) is entering the final stretch of its successful 'Gifts That Matter' campaign, which encourages Canadians to give gifts like tools, seeds, or livestock on behalf of their loved ones to some of the world's poorest farmers. These gifts result in improved family incomes, continuous access to nutritious food, greater opportunities for women, and healthier, better educated children.
"'Gifts That Matter' offers charitable gift ideas that change lives," says Brodie Bazinet, Manager of Annual Giving at CHF. "For someone living in poverty in rural Africa or Asia, the gift of seeds, tools, goats or chickens can transform how they live, how they earn an income and how they provide for their children."
Ms. Bazinet expects this to be an outstanding year for Gifts That Matter, as this campaign is already well ahead of last year's and it still has two weeks to go. The influx of funds it provides is essential because it drives CHF's rapidly growing programming.
"CHF has been working in the world's poorest communities for over fifty years, and is now poised to reach more families than ever," adds Bazinet. "We depend on these heartfelt contributions from Canadians to help make that happen."
Last year, Canadians gave 3,890 gifts to families worldwide. With a boost from the Canadian International Development Agency's matching program, the result was well over $1 million in support for families in dire need.
For more information, visit giftsthatmatter.ca
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks