|By Marketwired .||
|December 13, 2012 02:45 PM EST||
SCOTTSDALE, AZ -- (Marketwire) -- 12/13/12 -- TASER International, Inc. (NASDAQ: TASR), a global provider of safety technologies that protect life and protect truth, announced that the jury in the Circuit Court of the City of St. Louis, Missouri in the case entitled Colin Fahy v. TASER International, Inc. rendered a defense verdict for TASER and found that TASER was not liable for Mr. Fahy's cardiac arrest.
The winning team attorneys for Defendant TASER International, Inc. include: John Jerry Glas of Deutsch, Kerrigan & Stiles, L.L.P; David T. Ballard of Barnes & Thornburg, L.L.P.; and William Ray Price of Armstrong Teasdale L.L.P.
The attorneys for the Plaintiff Colin Fahy include William T. Dowd of Dowd & Dowd, P.C.; John Burton of the Law Offices of John Burton; and Peter M. Williamson of Williamson Law Firm. Plaintiff's causation expert witness was Douglas Zipes, MD. In a related matter this week, a Federal Court in Missouri disqualified Dr. Zipes as an expert on the issues of warnings, testing, and design defects.
"We are very pleased that the jury returned a defense verdict in favor of TASER," said Doug Klint, President and General Counsel of TASER International. "We intend to continue our vigorous defense of all litigation. During the last 14 months, TASER has been successful in winning voluntary dismissals or judgments for dismissal in 35 product liability lawsuits. We believe our strategy to pursue the truth in defense of our technology and products is yielding success as the rate of new litigation has fallen to historically low rates."
- TASER Headquarters Photos
- TASER X26 Photos and X26 Videos
- TASER on Twitter and Facebook
- TASER Blog
- New French Website Address
- New Brazilian Website Address
About TASER International, Inc.
TASER International, Inc. (NASDAQ: TASR) is a global provider of safety technologies that protect life and protect truth. More than 16,800 public safety agencies in 107 countries rely on TASER® electronic control devices (ECDs) and AXON on-officer camera systems to help protect and serve. Today, the use of TASER ECDs has saved more than 100,000 lives from potential death or serious injury while TASER innovations benefit individuals and families too, providing personal protection and accountability while maintaining regard for life. Since 1994, more than 255,000 individuals have relied on TASER technology as a means for effective personal safety. Learn more about TASER International and its solutions at www.TASER.com and www.EVIDENCE.com or by calling (800) 978-2737.
TASER® is a registered trademark of TASER International, Inc., registered in the U.S. All rights reserved. TASER logo and TASER® X62 are trademarks of TASER International, Inc.
Note to Investors
To review our Investor Relations Safe Harbor Statement, please visit: investor.taser.com/safeHarbor.cfm
For investor relations information please contact Erin Curtis by phone at 480-515-6330 or via email at IR@TASER.com, or Dan Behrendt, Chief Financial Officer of TASER International, Inc., 480-905-2002.
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2181796
Vice President of Communications
TASER International, Inc.
Media ONLY Hotline:
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks