|By Marketwired .||
|December 13, 2012 01:15 PM EST||
OTTAWA, ONTARIO -- (Marketwire) -- 12/13/12 -- "At this time the Emerson port of entry is experiencing a service disruption and border users may encounter delays.
The current disruption is a result of work refusals by several officers at this port of entry, who question the health and safety implications of wearing a name tag on their uniform.
Yesterday, Human Resources and Skills Development Canada (HRSDC) Labour Programs ruled in a number of cases in Ontario, that the wearing of name tags does not constitute a danger to our officers. BSOs at those Ontario locations have returned to work with their name tags.
Personalized name tags reflect our commitment to service excellence and reinforce the professionalism and integrity for which CBSA officers are known. The implementation of name tags aligns our policy with that of our partners such as the Canadian Forces, Correctional Service Canada and United States Customs and Border Protection, whose frontline uniformed officers all wear name tags.
At the CBSA, we understand that many Canadian jobs and the welfare of many Canadian communities depend on an open and efficient border. While any reduction in resources at the border is a challenge, CBSA management will closely monitor the flow of traffic at the border and endeavor to mitigate and resolve any unwarranted delays.
We expect our officers will continue to fulfill their duties with the highest level of integrity and professionalism. Illegal actions and inappropriate behaviour on the part of our employees will be dealt with accordingly.
We thank you for your patience as we work to resolve this situation. We encourage all travellers to consult border wait times on the CBSA Web site at www.cbsa.gc.ca. Mobile travellers will find wait times easily accessible on our mobile Web site, or can follow us on Twitter for hourly border wait time updates at CBSA_BWT."
Canada Border Services Agency Headquarters:
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher