|By PR Newswire||
|December 13, 2012 10:49 AM EST||
WASHINGTON, Dec. 13, 2012 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- American Federation of Government Employees National President J. David Cox Sr. issued the following statement in response to the "Best Places to Work" survey released today by the Partnership for Public Service:
"This survey shows what happens when you make federal workers the singular target of deficit reduction schemes. Federal employees have had their salaries frozen since January 2010, while employees who join the government next year will have to pay almost four times more for their retirement than current employees. Meanwhile, agencies have been forced to freeze hiring, downsize staff, curtail operating hours and take other draconian steps to deal with massive budget cutbacks.
"To turn these numbers around, our elected officials must stop the relentless attacks on federal employee jobs, wages and benefits. And agency managers need to do a better job of engaging with front-line employees and their unions in order to communicate how valued they are, especially in these difficult times."
The American Federation of Government Employees (AFGE) is the largest federal employee union, representing 670,000 workers in the federal government and the government of the District of Columbia.
SOURCE American Federation of Government Employees
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks
- MAX 2006: Tracks Announced
- BT's "Fixed-Mobile" Phone Gives Callers the Best of Both Worlds
- MetaSolv to Host Provisioning Symposium in London