|By PR Newswire||
|December 13, 2012 10:49 AM EST||
HARRISBURG, Pa., Dec. 13, 2012 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Seven Pennsylvania employers were recently selected as winners of the 2012 Governor's Award for Safety Excellence.
"The Governor's Award for Safety Excellence recognizes employers that have achieved the highest standards in workplace safety," Labor & Industry Secretary Julia Hearthway said. "Maintaining a safe workplace means maintaining a productive workplace and these employers' commitment to safety should serve as an example to all Pennsylvania employers."
The application process for the Governor's Award for Safety Excellence is highly competitive. The award recognizes successful employer-employee safety programs that produce tangible safety improvements.
The winners will be recognized at the 86th annual Governor's Occupational Safety & Health conference, to be held Feb. 19 and 20. The awards will be presented at each of the winning employers' worksites.
The seven winning businesses are Pittsburgh Board of Education, Allegheny County; Prime Sheet Metal, Bucks County; Vanalt Electrical Construction, Delaware County; Edge Pennsylvania LLC, Franklin County; GenOn Energy/Seward Station, Indiana County; Dutchland Inc., Lancaster County and Tekgard Inc., York County.
For more information on making Pennsylvania's workplaces safer, visit www.dli.state.pa.us and click "Workplace and Community Safety."
Media contact: Sara Goulet, 717-787-7530
SOURCE Pennsylvania Department of Labor & Industry
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?