|By PR Newswire||
|December 13, 2012 10:49 AM EST||
In Honor of National Get Organized Month(SM), NAPO Members are Encouraging Businesses and Individuals to Jumpstart 2013 with Less Stress and Better Organization!
MOUNT LAUREL, N.J., Dec. 13, 2012 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The National Association of Professional Organizers (NAPO) will jumpstart the New Year by celebrating its 9th annual Get Organized Month(SM) (GO Month(SM)) this January. NAPO created this month-long initiative in January 2003 to focus national attention on how getting organized empowers people to take back control over their time, inboxes, paperwork and possessions. With the help and guidance of a NAPO professional organizer or productivity specialist, Americans can kick off 2013 with a resolution worth keeping—feeling optimistic, organized and unstoppable!
When clients ask for organizing assistance, what services do they request most? According to a recent NAPO poll, members agreed that the majority of their clients request services and guidance related to organizing home offices. Despite rapid growth in the use of mobile devices and dependence on email and texting, paper organization still ranks highest on the list of concerns for many business and individuals—83% of NAPO poll respondents confirmed that organizing paperwork remains a top priority for many clients. Other rooms commonly in need of organization and restructuring include the kitchen, bedroom and garage.
"Organization is a process and a commitment that requires time and dedication," said Angela F. Wallace, CPO®, President of NAPO. "Productivity specialists and professional organizers are able to empower and guide clients with the tools and systems necessary for maintaining an organized lifestyle with less stress and greater productivity."
In honor of GO Month(SM), NAPO chapters and members across the country will host public events in an effort to increase awareness of the value of organization for businesses and homeowners. Events and topics will include Ask-the-Organizer panels, Organize to Economize in the New Year, Photo Organizing, The Challenges of Downsizing, plus much more.
"Becoming more organized can reduce stress, save money, increase productivity and enhance the quality of your life," added Wallace. "A NAPO member can help with room-by-room assessments, organizing a move, improving filing processes or enhancing business workflow systems."
For businesses wishing to implement a more organized and structured system, NAPO offers these tips:
- Create a list of priorities for your business and determine what needs immediate action. A professional organizer or productivity specialist can review your priorities and recommend a plan for getting started, without interrupting your daily business workflow.
- Practice better time management! A NAPO member can help both you and your staff hone time management skills and increase productivity in the workplace.
- Evaluate your space. Does it feel productive and calm? Physically setting up better-functioning spaces can help employees reduce stress and feel motivated. A professional organizer or productivity specialist will help create the ideal balance so your workspace feels energizing, yet relaxing.
Employees report feeling more satisfied as a result of a supportive employer providing the tools to improve productivity and reduce stress.
Organizing does not end in the workplace. Families are busier than ever before, and being organized can help reduce stress which helps lead to better health and an overall feeling of wellbeing.
NAPO offers these tips for organizing yourself, your routine, and your family calendar:
- Decide that you deserve it! Understand that you deserve to have more control over your time, your surroundings, and less stress due to feeling overwhelmed. Commit to adding structure and stability to your life.
- Create one calendar for scheduling the activities of everyone in your household, and daily/weekly/monthly checklists for each member of your family. Display the lists and calendar in a central location of your home, like the refrigerator or mudroom.
- Prioritize your organization wants and needs. What room or space needs immediate attention? Talk to a NAPO member about your organization or productivity needs. He or she can help you get organized, but teach you skills to keep you that way.
- Set realistic goals for organizing. With the help of a NAPO organizer or productivity professional, you can reach your organizing goals in a systematic way that will keep you motivated and empowered to success. You can achieve your organizing and productivity goals by creating a plan and sticking with it over time.
"Although large amounts of collectables and keepsakes may seem overwhelming and unmanageable, rest assured that a NAPO member can help you navigate through your most treasured items and create a customized organization plan to fit your lifestyle," concluded Wallace. "Nearly half of NAPO members surveyed indicated that the average client session requires three hours—imagine the possibilities and the progress you can make in only three hours."
Get GOing—jumpstart January feeling powerful, productive and organized! For more information on GO Month(SM) activities and to find a professional organizer or productivity specialist near you, visit www.napo.net or call NAPO at 856-380-6828.
National sponsors of NAPO's GO Month(SM) include:
- Fellowes, Inc., manufacturer of Bankers Box® Organization Products designed with style to keep homes organized and clutter free.
- Rubbermaid, a leader in developing innovative, high-quality solutions that help consumers keep their homes in order with products designed for organization, storage and cleaning.
- 2012 NAPO Corporate Member of the Year Award winner, ShelfGenie®, the only national provider of custom-built storage solutions, turning existing cabinet and pantry shelves into drawers.
About NAPO: The National Association of Professional Organizers (NAPO) is The Organizing Authority®. Since forming in 1985 as a nonprofit professional educational association, NAPO has grown to nearly 4,200 members. NAPO leads and advances the organizing and productivity industry. NAPO is dedicated to serving its members and the public by providing professional educational opportunities, industry leadership, productive partnerships and expert information and solutions to foster growth and fulfillment for all who work within the organizing and productivity industry or benefit from its services.
SOURCE National Association of Professional Organizers
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?