|By Business Wire||
|December 13, 2012 08:05 AM EST||
Citrix (NASDAQ:CTXS) today announced more than 200,000 organizations globally have adopted Podio, a powerful collaboration platform that enables people to work the way they want to, cut down on email and free themselves from content chaos. Podio can be accessed on the web, iPad, iPhone and Android devices, providing organizations with greater flexibility and transparency than ever before.
“The social business industry is at an important inflection point, as organizations are now moving beyond just sharing and transparency, and are adopting a more mature focus on getting real work done,” said Alan Lepofsky, vice president and principal analyst at Constellation Research. “Citrix Podio’s approach is to provide customers a platform on which they can improve core business processes by adding integrated collaboration elements, enabling them to realize the business value that social software can really provide.”
Podio by the numbers
- Today, more than 2.6 million Podio apps from the Podio App Market have been installed in Podio workspaces. Podio workspaces have reached 700,000.
- More than 300,000 Podio apps have been created from scratch or modified by Podio users using the simple Podio App Builder, representing as many unique ways of getting work done.
- Almost 50 percent of Podio workspaces are ‘open’ instead of ‘private,’ meaning any employee within an organization can participate. The large numbers of open Podio workspaces validates the growing industry trend towards sharing and increasing transparency in the workplace via social technology.
- Podio users have created 80 percent more status messages in workspace activity streams than private messages, and 50 percent more openly shared tasks than private ones. The way Podio users collaborate and communicate using Podio aligns with the workshifting trend of collaborating through social business tools and moving away from traditional communication silos, such as email or privately delegated tasks.
Introducing Podio Share
Citrix also announced today an innovative new Podio feature enabling users to share content, app data and tasks from Podio with teammates, partners or customers outside a private Podio workspace. The Podio Share feature also enables sharing of select content with recipients that are not in the Podio environment without compromising content privacy. Podio Share extends the collaborative power of Podio to anyone, but lets teams stay in control of the content they share.
Podio customer Miinto, an online fashion retailer operating in seven countries worldwide, uses Podio to host the online sale of more than 120,000 fashion products from over 1500 independent fashion retailers and brands. Podio CRM apps facilitate the daily handling of thousands of sales leads at Miinto, inhouse and in the field, that make it easy for the sales team to stay coordinated and updated on the progress of deals in real time. Podio also enables every Miinto employee to communicate and collaborate efficiently across all markets in which Miinto operates. With Podio Share, Miinto can now extend the Podio platform to anyone involved in a new product launch, including models working as contractors.
“As part of the Miinto photo studio, we work with a lot of freelancers and contractors,” said Rory Gullan, photo studio manager, Miinto UK. “By using Podio Share I can now invite these contractors to very specific parts of our Podio workspaces, without having to share too much information; it means that sensitive information is kept secure, but it also makes it very easy for someone externally to access only what's relevant to them on Podio.”
- Mobile: Get Podio for your iPad, iPhone or Android
- Video: ESA: Revolutionizing how they deliver education with Podio: Watch the video
- Video: Use GoToMeeting and Podio to get more out of meetings: Watch the video
- Blog: New feature: With Podio Share, you can collaborate on single Projects & Tasks with anyone
- Blog: Miinto Strike a Pose for Podio Share
- Blog: Podio by the Numbers
- Press Announcement: Future Workplace Formula = 1 Person x 6 Devices @ Two-Thirds of a Desk
- Press Announcement: New Citrix Podio App for iPad Designed for Today’s Mobile Workstyles
Follow Us Online
- Web: www.podio.com, www.citrixonline.com
- Twitter: @Podio
- Facebook: Podio on Facebook
- Podio blog: http://blog.podio.com/
- Workshifting blog: http://workshifting.com
Citrix (NASDAQ:CTXS) transforms how businesses and IT work and people collaborate in the cloud era. With market-leading cloud, collaboration, networking and virtualization technologies, Citrix powers mobile workstyles and cloud services, making complex enterprise IT simpler and more accessible for 260,000 organizations. Citrix products touch 75 percent of Internet users each day and it partners with more than 10,000 companies in 100 countries. Annual revenue in 2011 was $2.21 billion. Learn more at www.citrix.com.
The Online Services division of Citrix provides secure, easy-to-use cloud-based solutions that enable people to work from anywhere with anyone. Whether using GoToMeeting to hold online meetings, GoToWebinar to conduct larger web events, GoToTraining to train customers or employees, Podio to create customized workspaces and apps to collaborate with anyone, GoToMyPC to access and work on a remote Mac or PC, GoToAssist to provide IT support and management or ShareFile to securely share files, documents and data, businesses and individuals are increasing productivity, decreasing travel costs and improving sales, training and service on a global basis. For more information, visit www.citrixonline.com.
For Citrix Investors
This release contains forward-looking statements which are made pursuant to the safe harbor provisions of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933 and of Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934. The forward-looking statements in this release do not constitute guarantees of future performance. Those statements involve a number of factors that could cause actual results to differ materially, including risks associated with the impact of the global economy and uncertainty in the IT spending environment, revenue growth and recognition of revenue, products and services, their development and distribution, product demand and pipeline, economic and competitive factors, the Company's key strategic relationships, acquisition and related integration risks as well as other risks detailed in the Company's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. Citrix assumes no obligation to update any forward-looking information contained in this press release or with respect to the announcements described herein.
The development, release, timing and combination of any features or functionality described for our products remains at our sole discretion and are subject to change without notice or consultation. The information provided is for informational purposes only and is not a commitment, promise or legal obligation to deliver any material, code or functionality and should not be relied upon in making purchasing decisions or incorporated into any contract.
Citrix, GoToMeeting, GoToWebinar GoToTraining, Podio, GoToMyPC, GoToAssist and ShareFile are trademarks of Citrix Systems, Inc. and/or one or more of its subsidiaries, and are or may be registered in the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office and in other countries. All other trademarks and registered trademarks are property of their respective owners.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks