|By Business Wire||
|December 13, 2012 07:01 AM EST||
StorageCraft Technology Corporation today launched StorageCraft® Cloud Services as well as the latest version of StorageCraft® ShadowProtect®, its award-winning flagship backup and disaster recovery solution.
StorageCraft, a provider of best-in-class backup, disaster recovery, system migration and data protection solutions for servers, desktops and laptops, gives small and medium-sized businesses the power and capability to effectively plan for and recover from minor and major disruptions in business operations in seconds, rather than hours or days.
In addition to the launch of StorageCraft Cloud Services and ShadowProtect 5, StorageCraft also released StorageCraft® ImageManager 6.
“With the launch of StorageCraft Cloud Services, we have extended the backup, file and folder recovery, onsite failover, and virtualization capabilities into the cloud. In addition, ShadowProtect 5 features support for the latest Microsoft Windows operating systems, which enables our channel partners to continue delivering fast, flexible, and reliable disaster recovery to their customers,” said Scott Barnes, Chief Technical Officer for StorageCraft.
This release marks a shift in focus at StorageCraft from single products to a complete end-to-end business continuity solution to help managed service providers (MSPs) and value-added resellers (VARs) build their businesses, according to Curt James, Vice President of Marketing and Business Development at StorageCraft.
“We have two goals: to supply our partners with the tools to quickly execute effective disaster recovery for their customers and to give partners the opportunity to increase their profitability,” said James.
StorageCraft Cloud Services
StorageCraft Cloud Services users and resellers pay only for the storage they use, allowing them to assess and modify storage needs across systems and clients for a more cost-effective approach. They may purchase storage on a monthly basis and pay only for the storage used (rounded up to the nearest gigabyte). The product is also available in tiered options, which allows for further customization:
- Cloud Basic: archives critical business backup images
- Cloud+: Includes everything in Cloud Basic, plus immediate file and folder recovery.
- Cloud Premium: Includes everything in Cloud+, as well as instant virtualization of data and failover in the cloud.
In addition, users in the United States may opt to have their data mirrored to a second data center for an additional layer of protection.
The newest version of ShadowProtect features StorageCraft® ImageReady, a new technology that automatically mounts ShadowProtect backup image files as NTFS shares. Users can then run CHKDSK or custom scripts to validate data and application integrity in their backups. This provides an additional layer of verification of business-critical applications such as Exchange, SharePoint and SQL.
StorageCraft is releasing ShadowProtect Server/Small Business Server and ShadowProtect Virtual with OS support for Microsoft Windows Server 2012 and ShadowProtect Desktop with support for Microsoft Windows 8.
ImageManager 6 features three significant updates to improve the user experience. Users may now:
- use a hard drive to seed all their existing images within a managed folder to the cloud, while simultaneously replicating new incremental images to the cloud
- enable performance throttling for intelligentFTP™, ShadowStream™, and cloud transports, regulating maximum transfer speeds during peak business hours; and
- free up disk space through consolidation of monthly files into a single rolling file with StorageCraft Rolling Consolidation. ShadowProtect 5 is required to perform this action.
Pricing and Availability
StorageCraft Cloud Services is available to MSPs who are participating in the StorageCraft MSP Program as of December 2012, and it will be available to VARs via Lifeboat and SYNNEX distribution in the first half of 2013. It is currently only available in North America.
ShadowProtect 5 and ImageManager 6 are available to MSPs and VARs worldwide.
Users may visit the product pages for additional information about StorageCraft Cloud Services, ShadowProtect, or ImageManager. Users may also contact StorageCraft via e-mail or by calling +1 801 545-4700.
About StorageCraft Technology Corporation
StorageCraft Technology Corporation provides best-in-class backup, disaster recovery, system migration and data protection solutions for servers, desktops and laptops. StorageCraft delivers software products that reduce downtime, improve security and stability for systems and data and lower the total cost of ownership for systems in a computing environment. For more information, visit www.storagecraft.com.
StorageCraft, ShadowProtect, and StorageCraft Cloud Services are trademarks or registered trademarks of StorageCraft Technology Corporation. Other company and product names may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks