|By Business Wire||
|December 13, 2012 04:21 AM EST||
For efficient sorting, order picking and storing of goods, customer- and object-related data needs to be captured and processed. At the ProMAT tradeshow in Chicago, VITRONIC will be presenting state-of-the-art camera systems for Parcel Logistics and Warehouse & Distribution companies: VICAMsnap! and VICAMssi2 speed up capture processes, increase productivity of employees and reduce logistic expenses per item.
Advantages in efficiency, productivity and cost-saving
Both camera systems are most suitable for optimizing data capture processes in Parcel Logistics as well as Warehouse & Distribution, e.g. for handling of returns and inbound inspection, order picking, sorting and outbound inspection. As different code types on packages are read automatically, all capture processes are accelerated, cycle times are shortened and the logistic expenses per item are reduced.
Semi-automatic code reading with VICAMsnap!
VICAMsnap! matrix cameras are suitable for data capture during manual package handling, i.e. as part of incoming inspection. The camera is installed above the workstation. An operator manually moves the package through the large reading field. The codes and data are captured automatically and archived as images. This eliminates the need for additional, costly reading stations and conveyor technology.
Automatic code reading with VICAMssi2
The VICAMssi2 auto-focus line-scan camera is the solution for automatic data capture. It provides highest read rates at fast conveyor speeds of up to 4,5 m/s. Besides barcodes and 2-D codes, plain text (OCR) is captured fully automatically. Furthermore, the camera reduces the energy consumption by 50% compared to cameras of other suppliers. VICAMssi2 is an in-house development of VITRONIC. The system is in the 7th generation of production and has been installed worldwide more than 5,000 times.
VITRONIC at ProMAT 2013
21 to 24 January 2013, McCormick Place, Chicago
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks