|By PR Newswire||
|December 13, 2012 01:01 AM EST||
LONDON, December 13, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
With the ECA regulations on fossil fuel emissions coming into effect in 2015, the world of shipping has turned to liquefied natural gas (LNG) as a greener, cleaner alternative to conventional diesel power. However most see the lack of LNG infrastructure as one of the most prominent barriers.
Oil & Gas IQ's special industry report, LNG Bunkering: Worldwide Trends 2013 and Beyond, based on a survey of ports, shipping operators and LNG providers, maps these current trends and challenges of LNG as a marine fuel worldwide.
Other insights into the upcoming transformation of the bunkering world provided from this detailed infographic include:
- Economic feasibility is seen as the second greatest challenge facing LNG Bunkering
- 42% of new build dry bulk carriers are expected to be LNG-fuelled in 2015
- Singapore, North West Europe and the Persian Gulf have the highest bunkering demand currently
- The Conventional - vs - Proposed LNG bunkering options of ports
This report was prepared in collaboration with the upcoming LNG Bunkering Summit, the first event to address the LNG bunkering infrastructure as it unfolds within Europe, taking place 28th - 30th January 2013 in Rotterdam.
This content forms part of the event's resource centre, which also includes an exclusive interview with Johan Algell, Managing Director of White Smoke Shipping about why liquefied natural gas (LNG) should be the shipping fuel of the future.
Press are invited to attend this important industry forum. If you would like to a complimentary press pass please email Nishkala Thiru Nishkala.Thiru@iqpc.co.uk
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks