|By PR Newswire||
|December 13, 2012 12:01 AM EST||
WASHINGTON, Dec. 13, 2012 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Following is the daily "Profile America" feature from the U.S. Census Bureau:
THURSDAY, DECEMBER 13: PARKING
Profile America — Thursday, December 13th. It's the height of the shopping season, and people jamming the malls with their gift lists in hand are rediscovering one of the lesser aspects of the season — finding a place to park. When the mall lots and garages end up being full, many shoppers will turn to nearby commercial lots and garages. The first city parking garage in the U.S. opened on December 5, 1941, in Welch, West Virginia. It could handle 232 cars and showed a profit in its first year of operation. Today, there are more than 18,000 parking facilities across the country, generating $8.5 billion in revenue annually. You can find current data on the country's economy by downloading the new "America's Economy" mobile application at www.census.gov/mobile.
Sources: Kane's Famous First Facts, 5483
2007 Economic Census, NAICS 812930
Profile America is produced by the Center for New Media and Promotions of the U.S. Census Bureau. These daily features are available as produced segments, ready to air, on a monthly CD or on the Internet at http://www.census.gov (look for "Multimedia Gallery" by the "Newsroom" button).
SOURCE U.S. Census Bureau
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks