|By PR Newswire||
|December 12, 2012 07:56 PM EST||
SAN FRANCISCO and REDWOOD CITY, Calif., Dec. 12, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- xTV, the leader in Interactive Cloud TV, has signed a substantial go-to-market content sharing and monetization agreement with CrowdOptic.
The landmark agreement now enables crowdsourcing of sports and major events content, such as videos, photos and social media, to be shown live on xTV to enable viewers to watch TV through the eyes of people on the ground; augmenting, and in many cases, eliminating, the need for traditional broadcast video.
"Seeing sports and major events through the eyes of the people physically attending is a simple yet radical concept which is great on a picture by picture basis," said Joe Ward, CEO of xTV. "However, seeing the hottest event pictures and video in an organized interactive viewing experience in realtime is a game-changing capability."
"CrowdOptic analyzes hundred of millions of mobile social media posts to identify, tag, and rebroadcast the most relevant videos, photos and social media content," said Jon Fisher, CEO of CrowdOptic. "Combining the capability with xTV's realtime feeds and media network will be incredibly valuable to their subscribers and channel partners."
Viewers of TV content are now less willing to have their viewing experience programmed for them on traditional media. Now they can program it themselves on xTV.
xTV has a network of over 500,000 videos with another 1,000+ being added each week from major media source such Reuters, Associated Press, Newsy and more. With CrowdOptic added to our media network, the exponential content capability through crowdsourcing dramatically accelerates xTV's capability in sports and major events.
xTV Interactive Cloud TV is a media network which delivers the hottest of realtime video and data streams in a down to the second experience.
The xTV media network hosts some of the world's leading media companies to enable the creation of Realtime interactive Cloud TV channels so virtually any on person or organization with an audience can create a TV channel in the cloud leveraging existing media partnerships combined with realtime push updates of stocks, breaking news, Twitter, Facebook and feeds in true realtime.
CrowdOptic is a new crowd-powered "heat" signal – the next evolution of location-based services that recognizes the hottest crowd activity in real time as it occurs, and also after the fact, through powerful analytics. By tracking where smartphone cameras are located and where they are pointed, CrowdOptic can instantly filter mobile social media and create new opportunities for eyewitness engagement. CrowdOptic identifies, tags and rebroadcasts the live event experience to the world, on mobile, social TV and second screens.
CrowdOptic is a privately-held, venture-backed company based in San Francisco.
SOURCE CrowdOptic; xTV
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks
- MAX 2006: Tracks Announced
- BT's "Fixed-Mobile" Phone Gives Callers the Best of Both Worlds
- MetaSolv to Host Provisioning Symposium in London