|By Marketwired .||
|December 12, 2012 06:55 PM EST||
PORTLAND, OR -- (Marketwire) -- 12/12/12 -- Jama Software, a company changing the way products are conceived, built and delivered to market, today makes generally available Jama Contour 3.6 to eliminate inefficiencies, rework and duplication of effort in product-development processes. Contour introduces an intelligent, enterprise-wide system to reuse the requirements and other product details that are the same across multiple products.
"Product development is broken within the enterprise and is ripe for reinvention," said Eric Winquist, CEO, Jama Software. "With Contour's enterprise reuse capabilities, organizations can tap into the in-house knowledge they've built over the course of their business. Requirements and the intellectual property around them become real strategic assets."
Improving requirements is increasingly a strategic imperative. "When asked which among several possible initiatives would improve application development the most, teams put 'improvements of requirements practices' at the top of the list, by a significant margin," writes Tom Grant, Senior Analyst, Forrester Research, Inc. in his December 2011 research report, "High-Value Requirements Are Changing App Dev and Delivery."
About Jama Contour
Jama Contour is taking requirements management to a strategic level, giving organizations centrally managed libraries of reusable product details that automatically update product teams across the enterprise. Much more robust than traditional "copy and paste," Contour keeps requirements synchronized and in context -- associated changes, comments, reference items, decisions and other related information -- so reusable assets are continually enhanced to improve the quality over time.
With its strong emphasis on collaboration, Contour is unique among product-delivery solutions. Real-time engagement across all stakeholders -- from executive sponsors and customers to product managers, project managers, business analysts, QA managers and developers -- aligns everyone to the strategic goals and delivery of products.
About Jama Software
Jama Software is reinventing enterprise product delivery. More than 600 companies, including 28 of the Fortune 500 and 14 of the Fortune 100, use Jama's collaborative requirements management solution, Contour, to execute complex projects, increase the value of R&D and bring great products to market. Founded in 2007, Jama Software is one of the fastest-growing enterprise software companies in the United States, having recently been honored as a top 20 software company in the Inc. 500 and named one of the Most Promising Companies in America by Forbes magazine. For more information please visit http://www.jamasoftware.com.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks
- MAX 2006: Tracks Announced
- BT's "Fixed-Mobile" Phone Gives Callers the Best of Both Worlds
- MetaSolv to Host Provisioning Symposium in London