|By PR Newswire||
|December 12, 2012 05:05 PM EST||
CORVALLIS, Ore., Dec. 12, 2012 /PRNewswire-iReach/ -- EPIC Pharmacies, Inc. and Professional and Noncredit Education at Oregon State University reached an agreement last week to allow EPIC's member pharmacies to purchase OSU's Management & HR Skills for Pharmacists online course at a discounted rate.
OSU's College of Pharmacy and College of Business developed the course specifically for pharmacists to provide a valuable continuing education opportunity. Participants can earn 1.8 Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education continuing education units after completing the 18-hour course.
"Today's pharmacists work in fast-paced and outcomes-oriented health care environments," says Paige Clark, director of alumni relations and professional development for the OSU College of Pharmacy. "They need business and leadership skills to navigate the challenges of their increasingly complex workplace. Pharmacies that employ graduates of this course will profit from improved critical management skills, optimized teamwork, and decreased risk and cost of turnover."
Pharmacists and pharmacy managers who take the course will learn how to:
- Employ leadership, staffing and decision-making skills to generate a high-performance working environment.
- Apply skills learned to enhance the development and productivity of pharmacy team members through coaching, motivation and feedback.
- Manage the pharmacy and pharmacy team in accordance with the highest standards and in compliance with employment law.
"EPIC is pleased to offer this valuable online CE program to our members to enhance their management skills," says Tom Scono, vice president of contracts for EPIC Pharmacies, Inc. "We believe the practical tools learned in this program will be invaluable to owners and staff alike."
The interactive learning environment features multimedia storytelling to help prepare participants for future managerial and human resources tasks. Course content is updated regularly to reflect the most recent research and regulations, and registered participants can access the online course 24/7.
The program has been planned and implemented in accordance with the policies of the Accreditation Council on Pharmaceutical Education through the sponsorship of the OSU College of Pharmacy. The OSU College of Pharmacy is approved by the Accreditation Council on Pharmaceutical Education as a provider of continuing pharmaceutical education.
About EPIC Pharmacies, Inc.: Formed in 1982 and headquartered in Maryland, EPIC Pharmacies is a not-for-profit buying group of hundreds of independently owned pharmacies across the country. EPIC offers a full range of programs and services while returning its net revenues to its members throughout the year, including a year-end distribution.
About the OSU College of Pharmacy: The College of Pharmacy prepares students of today to be the pharmacy practitioners and pharmaceutical sciences researchers of tomorrow by contributing to improved health, advancing patient care and the discovery and understanding of medicines.
About the OSU College of Business: The College of Business educates students for success in managing and developing sustainable, innovative enterprises in a dynamic economy. With strong graduate and undergraduate programs, internationally recognized scholarly research, and an emphasis on experiential learning, the college helps students and businesses succeed.
About OSU Professional and Noncredit Education: OSU Professional and Noncredit Education provides education and training for businesses, organizations, associations and professionals anywhere throughout the state and beyond. The majority of professional and noncredit students are focused on continuing education: licensure recertification, professional development and personal enrichment.
Media Contact: Paige Clark, R.Ph. Oregon State University, 541-736-6607, Paige.Clark@oregonstate.edu
News distributed by PR Newswire iReach: https://ireach.prnewswire.com
SOURCE Oregon State University
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks