|By PR Newswire||
|December 12, 2012 02:39 PM EST||
WASHINGTON, Dec. 12, 2012 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The Hospice Foundation of America (HFA) will present a live, online webinar focusing on Death of a Spouse or Partner: Current Research, New Strategies, on Tuesday, December 18, from noon—1:30pm ET. Kenneth J. Doka, PhD and Dale Lund, PhD, will give special focus to exploring differences in grief as experienced by widows and widowers; differences in grief when the surviving spouse or partner is young; and possible disenfranchisement of grief, if the relationship between partners is not societally supported.
"The death of a spouse or partner is a life-changing event at any age," states Dr. Doka. "It is important for professionals to look at some of the most current research in this area of grief, and to understand what strategies are the most supportive, depending on the circumstances of the loss."
During the program, the panelists will describe the particular issues that arise when a spouse or partner dies; look at the differences in the grief process as experienced by younger and older widows and widowers as well as partners; and discuss differences in the grief process when the relationship is not recognized or supported. The panelists will also identify evidence-based interventive strategies to assist grieving spouses and partners, as well as resources such as grief groups and print resources, and will answer questions from participants.
Registration is $85 for an organization or $35 for individuals; free CEs are included for a wide range of professionals. Registration includes access to the program online for one year after the original air date.
This program is part of HFA's Grief Webinar series, featuring some of the best-known experts in the field of grief and bereavement. To learn more about this exciting webinar series, contact HFA at 800-854-3402 or go to http://www.hospicefoundation.org/webinars. Hospice Foundation of America is a non-profit organization whose mission is to help those who cope personally or professionally with terminal illness, death, and the process of grief and bereavement.
Contact: Lisa Veglahn, 800-854-3402, x. 1006
SOURCE Hospice Foundation of America
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher