|By PR Newswire||
|December 12, 2012 02:35 PM EST||
TORONTO, Dec. 12, 2012 /PRNewswire/ - Bontan Corporation Inc. ("the Company", "Bontan") (OTCBB: BNTNF) is pleased to announce a change in the focus of the Company's business.
The Company is working with a group that is well recognized in the life science sector. Specifically, the new focus will be in the biotechnology industry (SIC code: 2834).
Bontan's management is working in conjunction with this team of life science executives and is currently analysing information on a target company in the biotech sector as a potential takeover candidate.
Mr. Kam Shah, CEO commented, "With the unlocking of the human genome and other recent scientific breakthroughs, we believe there are compelling opportunities in health care and therapeutics to create substantial and sustainable shareholder value."
About Bontan Corporation Inc:
Bontan Corporation Inc. recently concluded a settlement on its indirect oil and gas interest in Israel and now seeks business opportunities in biotech sector.
This news release includes forward-looking statements within the meaning of the U.S. federal and Canadian securities laws. Any such statements reflect Bontan's current views and assumptions about future events and financial performance. Bontan cannot assure that future events or performance will occur. Important risks and factors that could cause actual results or events to differ materially from those indicated in our forward-looking statements.
Bontan assumes no obligation and expressly disclaims any duty to update the information in this News Release.
SOURCE Bontan Corporation Inc.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks
- MAX 2006: Tracks Announced
- BT's "Fixed-Mobile" Phone Gives Callers the Best of Both Worlds
- MetaSolv to Host Provisioning Symposium in London